PAS - lots question marks in the context of timeouts

Posted by dbeavon on 04-Dec-2017 13:12

I've been trying to learn PAS, and it looks like some of the product team is still learning it too .

In the OEE configuration screen, there are some "tooltips" that are supposed to explain the meaning of some of the confusing timeouts.  Unfortunately it seems like whoever was writing the tooltips was as confused as I am.  Screenshot follows:

In v. 11.7, all of the highlighted entries have unfinished tooltips (with question marks in them).  These would sure be helpful for a new PAS developer.  If someone in the product team can figure out how all the timeouts are supposed to work, I'd love to see the explanation here.

Here is another post about the confusing timeouts.

https://community.progress.com/community_groups/openedge_development/f/19/t/36188

At the moment, I'd really love to know how the "Idle connection timeout" is supposed to work.

All Replies

Posted by rkumar on 05-Dec-2017 00:43

This has been raised as a defect, and will be fixed in 11.7.3 and 12.0.0.

The documentation on these tuning parameters is available at documentation.progress.com/.../index.html

Posted by David Cleary on 05-Dec-2017 06:20

Please take a look at the openedge.properties.readme file in the conf directory for additional information on these timeouts.

Dave

This thread is closed