mbpro to run a scaled down window.

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 13-Oct-2017 18:08

I have this window to make "batch processing", I mean every 30 seconds it waked up to process records from a pool where other process dropped that records.

C:\Progress\OpenEdge\bin\prowin32.exe -p procs\sch\demon1.w -T c:\tap\temp -db tap -N TCP -S 2500 -H xxx -U demon1 -basekey ini -ininame c:\tap\tap.ini

then  changed as user keep closing that program.. changed to task scheduler (windows)

C:\Progress\OpenEdge\bin\bpro.exe -p procs\sch\demon2.p -T c:\tap\temp -db tap -N TCP -S 2500 -H xxx -U ventas -b -basekey ini -ininame c:\tap\tap.ini -b -clientlog c:\t\dbgSCh.txt -logginglevel 4 -logentrytypes 4GLTrace:4

Added the -clientlog as this problem arises.
(runned it with the -b option and without)... but keep getting error 1403 arguing that there is no parameter for -S switch... and if I move this before the -N, then the -N parameter is the problem.    And program is not executed.

What Am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Posted by Matt Gilarde on 14-Oct-2017 07:41

bpro.bat launches the client with the following command:

"%PROEXE%"  -1 -b %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

You have more than 9 parameters so all of the ones after the ninth are lost. The ninth is -S.

You should be able to run _progres.exe directly instead of using bpro unless you need something that bpro provides, which isn't much. We recommend using _progres.exe for scheduled tasks. Some customers have reported issues when using prowin32.exe for scheduled tasks.

All Replies

Posted by Matt Gilarde on 14-Oct-2017 07:41

bpro.bat launches the client with the following command:

"%PROEXE%"  -1 -b %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

You have more than 9 parameters so all of the ones after the ninth are lost. The ninth is -S.

You should be able to run _progres.exe directly instead of using bpro unless you need something that bpro provides, which isn't much. We recommend using _progres.exe for scheduled tasks. Some customers have reported issues when using prowin32.exe for scheduled tasks.

This thread is closed