Progress Application Server will not start

Posted by Dennis on 02-Oct-2017 05:01

Hello together, 

I have a problem with my Progress Application Server. He isn't starting and generates only one logfile.

System.Management.Automation.RuntimeException: Es ist nicht möglich, eine Methode für einen Ausdruck aufzurufen, der den NULL hat.
bei System.Management.Automation.ExceptionHandlingOps.CheckActionPreference(FunctionContext funcContext, Exception exception)
bei System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.ActionCallInstruction`2.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
bei System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
bei System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame).GetType().Fullname System.Management.Automation.RuntimeException: Es ist nicht möglich, eine Methode für einen Ausdruck aufzurufen, der den NULL hat.
bei System.Management.Automation.ExceptionHandlingOps.CheckActionPreference(FunctionContext funcContext, Exception exception)
bei System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.ActionCallInstruction`2.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
bei System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
bei System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame).Message

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/21/pasoeStart.log:50:50]

Posted by Dennis on 04-Oct-2017 02:04

It's running now!

Finally i got the following error message in the startupErrors.txt file:

[localhost-startStop-1] ERROR c.p.appserv.adapters.soap.Properties - ERROR: property statusEnabled is not defined for Wsa  in propertyfile "

After that i added statusEnabled=1 in the transport properties for the SOAP protocol for each WebApp.

Thanks for the help!

Posted by Dennis on 02-Oct-2017 10:14

Ok i added the my webapps now. Now my error log is much smaler :)

Tomorrow I'm not in the office but on Wednesday I'll paste more logs after trying a bit.

Thank you until now!

All Replies

Posted by Irfan on 02-Oct-2017 05:13

Can you please send the instance  log of agent log. You can find them in <PASOE Instance>/logs folder. Instance log will start with <instance name>.<date>.log and agent log will be <instance name>.<agent>.log. If your instance name is oepas1 then go to $WRKDIR\oepas1\logs.

Posted by Dennis on 02-Oct-2017 06:36

When I try to start with the Explorer or the Developer Studio, this is the only logfile who I get.

Only when I'm starting with proenv "tcman.bat start" I get more Information.

But there's no agent log file.

May the oepas1 and the oemanager log files helps.

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/21/oemanager.2017_2D00_10_2D00_02.log:50:50] [View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/21/oepas1.2017_2D00_10_2D00_02.log:50:50]

Looks like the oepas lost the information about the ABL application but I have no idea how to fix it.

Posted by Roy Ellis on 02-Oct-2017 06:59

The oepas1.2017-10-02.log says there is NoSuchGroup, this usually means the openedge.properties file is corrupted.  Maybe upload the openedge.properties file to look at?

Roy

Posted by Dennis on 02-Oct-2017 07:09

Here it is. Looks a bit empty

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/21/openedge.properties:50:50]

File is from C:/OpenEdge/WRK/oepas1/conf

Posted by Roy Ellis on 02-Oct-2017 07:29

Yes, the file is definitely bad.  Looks like updates were written to it, but the original file was deleted.  I believe there was a fix for this behavior int 11.7.1.  Are you running 11.7.1?

Do you have a backup of your openedge.properties file?  If not, you may be able to create a new instance.  Replace all the instance names to "oepas1" and maike the changes in this file to the new file.

Roy

Posted by Irfan on 02-Oct-2017 08:41

If you are adding and removing services from PDSOE, then you should be seeing the openedge.properties backup files with the timestamp.

Posted by Dennis on 02-Oct-2017 09:26

No we are running 11.7.0.

Unfortunately we have no backup.

I was trying to create a new instance, I got an error but I also got a new openedge.properties file so I make the changes. Now the Explorer needs much more time while starting the Application Server and writes more logfiles.

But there is still an error. I'll paste the new openedge.properties and a few not empty logfiles.

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/21/2742.openedge.properties:50:50]

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/21/catalina.2017_2D00_10_2D00_02.log:50:50]

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/21/localhost.2017_2D00_10_2D00_02.log:50:50]

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/21/4061.oepas1.2017_2D00_10_2D00_02.log:50:50]

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/21/oepas1.agent.log:50:50]

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/21/8562.pasoeStart.log:50:50]

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/21/startupErrors.txt:50:50]

Posted by Irfan on 02-Oct-2017 09:33

You seem to have many webapps, but they are not defined in openedge.properties file. For example, I see that webapp 'auftragListeServer' properties are not defined in openedge.properties file.

Posted by Dennis on 02-Oct-2017 10:14

Ok i added the my webapps now. Now my error log is much smaler :)

Tomorrow I'm not in the office but on Wednesday I'll paste more logs after trying a bit.

Thank you until now!

Posted by Dennis on 04-Oct-2017 02:04

It's running now!

Finally i got the following error message in the startupErrors.txt file:

[localhost-startStop-1] ERROR c.p.appserv.adapters.soap.Properties - ERROR: property statusEnabled is not defined for Wsa  in propertyfile "

After that i added statusEnabled=1 in the transport properties for the SOAP protocol for each WebApp.

Thanks for the help!

This thread is closed