Multi-threaded error SearchRow RadGridView

Posted by Miguel Neves on 29-Sep-2017 05:02

Hi!

I´m trying to use the SearchRow of the RadGridView in progress. I active the searchrow using:

THIS-OBJECT:radGridView1:MasterTemplate:AllowSearchRow = TRUE.

But when I try to search it´s get an error:

"You are trying to use a multi-threaded .NET object in a way that is not supported.  The ABL cannot be called on a thread other than the main thread. (15740)"

Somebody find a anwser using progress. I try anything that I see but without success.

Thx for your help.

Posted by Matt Gilarde on 29-Sep-2017 14:45

I think the reason that I couldn't reproduce it with my code was that my example didn't use the binding source. It was putting data into rows directly.

I looked through the source code for RadGridView and I don't see any way to tell it to not use a background thread for the search. I can't think of any way to work around this other than avoiding using the binding source, though I can't guarantee that even that would help.

All Replies

Posted by Matt Gilarde on 29-Sep-2017 07:36

What version of OpenEdge and what version of Telerik UI for Winforms are you using? I created a simple example in 11.7 with UI for Winforms 2016.3.1024.40 and I don't see the issue.

Posted by Miguel Neves on 29-Sep-2017 08:53

Hi, Matt.

Thanks for your reply, I´m using OpenEdge Release 11.3.3 and  UI for Winforms 2015.1.331.40.

Thanks.

Posted by Matt Gilarde on 29-Sep-2017 09:52

I'm not seeing the issue with 11.3.3 and 2015.2.728.40, which is the closest version I have on hand.

It may be that my code doesn't do the right things to see the issue. Could you post a zip file with a small reproducible example?

Posted by Miguel Neves on 29-Sep-2017 10:32

Hi, Matt.

I think that you can test this code, only include it into a project connected to db sports 2000 of progress and substituted in the binding for the table.

Thx.

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/21/4113.GridViewTest.cls:320:240]

Posted by Matt Gilarde on 29-Sep-2017 12:37

I can see the issue with your code. Unfortunately, if the control uses multi-threading for the search it may not be possible to make it work with OpenEdge. I'm looking to see if there are any known workarounds.

Posted by Matt Gilarde on 29-Sep-2017 14:45

I think the reason that I couldn't reproduce it with my code was that my example didn't use the binding source. It was putting data into rows directly.

I looked through the source code for RadGridView and I don't see any way to tell it to not use a background thread for the search. I can't think of any way to work around this other than avoiding using the binding source, though I can't guarantee that even that would help.

This thread is closed