Mail Merge Fields for Word Doc

Posted by Miguel Neves on 28-Jul-2017 05:39

Hi!

I am developing a program for get all the MergeField and show in a browse in progress. I see a few examples for merge information from progress to a word file but no one from word to progress, my intention is get the name of the mergefields and indicate in progress the field from a table of the data base for that field. But I want to get differents files with don't know number of mergefields.

Thx!!

Posted by Alon Blich on 29-Jul-2017 07:57

Not something I have done but I did write something similar though.

If you'd like, I wrote a project called DocxFactory which is essentially a mail merge but without using office and also works on UNIX/Linux.

There's a docx_getFields(), docx_getItems() and docx_getItemFields() functions you can use to get the fields, items and item fields respectively.

The project is 100% free and open source.

docxfactory.com/tutorial

HTH

All Replies

Posted by Alon Blich on 28-Jul-2017 05:51

Are you looking to insert data from Progress to a Word document or get data from a Word document to Progress?

Posted by Miguel Neves on 28-Jul-2017 08:40

Hi! Alon.

Thx for you reply. I am trying to get all the merge fields to show them in a program in progress. After that I want to assign to the fields a value from the progress data base and after make the merge mail.

thx

Posted by Alon Blich on 29-Jul-2017 07:57

Not something I have done but I did write something similar though.

If you'd like, I wrote a project called DocxFactory which is essentially a mail merge but without using office and also works on UNIX/Linux.

There's a docx_getFields(), docx_getItems() and docx_getItemFields() functions you can use to get the fields, items and item fields respectively.

The project is 100% free and open source.

docxfactory.com/tutorial

HTH

Posted by Miguel Neves on 31-Jul-2017 09:54

Hi, Alon.

Thx! I´m going to try with this. Great work.

Thx.

This thread is closed