Fathom management monitoring Replication

Posted by Adrian.wright on 23-Jun-2017 05:27

Hi 

Not sure if this is in correct group, apologizes if it is not.

we have customer that is looking use Fathom Monitoring  for Fathom Replication (we using OE 11.4 on a Windows 2012 Platform),  I have  installed Management and able to configure so that I get email alerts when databases are shutdown\warning in logfiles etc....

What I cannot find is any RuleSets that specifically monitor Replication, for exmaple if the Target becomes more out of sync for more that say 5 mins, or if an AI file has not switched after the expected time.

I have also been looking at the WIKI and Fathom Documentation and struggling to find any "Best Practice" articles regarding witch RuleSets to enable

thanks in Advance

Ade 

All Replies

Posted by James Palmer on 23-Jun-2017 06:19

If you're using OE Management to monitor Replication, then you need to also monitor OE Management. It has a horrible habit of blowing the Java Heapspace without telling you and then you get no alerts.

In terms of setting up the alerts, it's a bit of a tricky one if I remember, but you have to create the rule sets manually if memory serves. If I get the chance I'll refresh my memory later and revert if nobody has done so already.

Posted by Adrian.wright on 23-Jun-2017 08:01

thanks Jame,  I have made a note of the Java heapspace issue,  cheers for heads up

This thread is closed