OEPAS deployment

Posted by Peter Willer on 13-Nov-2016 15:56

Hello,

where can I add in OpenEdge Explorer/Management a second ABL Application to the oepas instance, so that this looks like picture below? 

Is this from architecture possible that different oepas (_mproapsv) on one tomcat instance have different databases and propath? Which oepas servlet is starting the _mproapsv process?

Regards

Peter

Posted by Peter Willer on 13-Nov-2016 17:21

Hello Mike,

thank you for the quick reply.

So I understand at least currently no Explorer implementation. It means to do an ssh on a remote host to execute this.

The rest is working fine.

Regards

Peter

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 13-Nov-2016 16:00
Posted by Peter Willer on 13-Nov-2016 17:21

Hello Mike,

thank you for the quick reply.

So I understand at least currently no Explorer implementation. It means to do an ssh on a remote host to execute this.

The rest is working fine.

Regards

Peter

Posted by Satya Prasad on 13-Nov-2016 22:46

You can also achieve this in OpenEdge Explorer. For that, navigate to oepas -> Web Applications and then click deploy and select the oeabl.war

Note: Re-start the PAS instance to see the newly deployed ABL application in the list

Thanks,
Satya

Posted by dbeavon on 30-Nov-2017 09:31

Satya's comment does not explain how to deploy a new ABL application, but rather "webapps"... right ?

It seems like the end result of following his steps is that there will be a new "webapp" within the same existing ABL application.  Peter's question was not about creating a "webapp".  I just wanted to clarify because I'm getting a bit confused while attempting to set up a new ABL application.  It's not as simple as using OEE, unfortunately.  I think OEE still has a lot of limitations in regards to doing this type of management.

Posted by Peter Judge on 30-Nov-2017 11:20

The only way you can create a new ABL app is
- when you create an instance (defaults to the instance name)
- when you deploy a new webapp (if you give it a specific argument)

This thread is closed