Deployment options for PASOE

Posted by Richard Wardle on 05-Jan-2016 10:38

Hi,

We're currently looking moving our application server over to PASOE 11.6, so I've spent some time going through documentation particularly around the differences between this and the Classic appserver.   One of the principle points that keeps jumping out is that PASOE combines a whole heap server functions that we needed separate services for before (like Appserver, Webspeed, AIA, etc).   

Under our current deployment architecture, we run the classic Appserver product directly on the database server machine.  We then run an AIA on a firewalled web server machine (IIS) to get webservices to chat back to the appserver. Now then, here's my where I need a bit of guidance..... I'd like to keep the ABL (ADM2 backend) on the database server for maximum performance, however, there's not a chance that I'm going to put the DB server near the internet door to serve the web users! :-)   In this instance, would it be better to use a 2nd PASOE server to service the web clients, or should I keep a single PASOE on the DB machine and use something like a forward/reverse proxy to redirect the requests from the web server?  Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick here?

Any pointers would be a great help.... oh, and Happy New Year!

Cheers,

Rich

Posted by Irfan on 05-Jan-2016 11:48

Hi Rich,

If you would like to run the Database server and PASOE server on the same machine for higher performance and then make it secure by not opening the http door on that machine, then I would think of just enabling AJP13 connector on the PASOE Instance and use a Proxy Server in the front(IIS or Apache) and route the requests to the PASOE Instance.

All Replies

Posted by Irfan on 05-Jan-2016 11:48

Hi Rich,

If you would like to run the Database server and PASOE server on the same machine for higher performance and then make it secure by not opening the http door on that machine, then I would think of just enabling AJP13 connector on the PASOE Instance and use a Proxy Server in the front(IIS or Apache) and route the requests to the PASOE Instance.

Posted by Richard Wardle on 06-Jan-2016 02:41

Hi Irfan,

Many thanks for your response - I think that's going to be our first port of call.

All the best,

Rich

This thread is closed