PAS and DB Connections

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 29-Jul-2015 12:44

Hi.

In my ABL application configuration, our test PAS server instance has an initial number of agents set to 1 and a maximum of 2. However, when I run prodb, I see 5 connections to the database (specified in agent start-up parameter) although no one is currently connected (just restarted the PAS server). Is this expected behavior?

Posted by Irfan on 30-Jul-2015 09:05

Appserver.Agent in your instance/conf/openedge.properties file.

For your second question, the numinitialsessions property is for each agent at startup. If the second agent starts up, then it starts up with the value set for "numInitialSessions"

All Replies

Posted by Irfan on 30-Jul-2015 07:27

Hi Jeff,

You might want to look at your database logs. When you start the agent the initialagents are 1 and the initialsessions are 5, so the database log should look as below

[2015/07/30@08:23:03.241-0400] P-12888      T-11892 I PASOEADM5: (452)   Login by isyed on batch.

[2015/07/30@08:23:03.298-0400] P-12888      T-11892 I PASOEADM5: (17961) Usr 5 set tty to AS-ResourceMgr.

[2015/07/30@08:23:03.298-0400] P-12888      T-11892 I PASOEADM5: (7129)  Usr 5 set name to isyed.

[2015/07/30@08:23:04.440-0400] P-12888      T-5352  I PASOESSN6: (17961) Usr 6 set tty to AS-4.

[2015/07/30@08:23:04.440-0400] P-12888      T-5352  I PASOESSN6: (7129)  Usr 6 set name to isyed.

[2015/07/30@08:23:07.052-0400] P-12888      T-5352  I PASOESSN7: (17961) Usr 7 set tty to AS-10.

[2015/07/30@08:23:07.052-0400] P-12888      T-5352  I PASOESSN7: (7129)  Usr 7 set name to isyed.

[2015/07/30@08:23:07.135-0400] P-12888      T-12196 I PASOESSN8: (17961) Usr 8 set tty to AS-11.

[2015/07/30@08:23:07.140-0400] P-12888      T-12196 I PASOESSN8: (7129)  Usr 8 set name to isyed.

[2015/07/30@08:23:07.200-0400] P-12888      T-10712 I PASOESSN9: (17961) Usr 9 set tty to AS-12.

[2015/07/30@08:23:07.202-0400] P-12888      T-10712 I PASOESSN9: (7129)  Usr 9 set name to isyed.

[2015/07/30@08:23:07.247-0400] P-12888      T-9240  I PASOESS10: (17961) Usr 10 set tty to AS-13.

[2015/07/30@08:23:07.247-0400] P-12888      T-9240  I PASOESS10: (7129)  Usr 10 set name to isyed.

Based on this you can determine how many connections were made to the database from your PASOE instance

Posted by David Cleary on 30-Jul-2015 07:38

As Irfan said, at startup, we create 5 sessions for the session pool. Spinning up new sessions takes a little time, and this configuration brings it closer to how the classic AppServer was after initial startup.

Dave

[collapse]