deploy client via msi or other tool

Posted by pvt@rhenus.be on 16-Jun-2015 08:22

Does anyone know how to put the oe11.x client in a .msi so we can use System Center to deploy it to the clients? I've read different articles to do it via silent install but for some strange reason SCCM refuses to install it. I've put everything in a bat-file with the silent install params and this works fine if done interactively.

I've checked with Progress but they have no idea. All suggestions are welcome!

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 16-Jun-2015 08:28

Take a look at PADEO:  http://www.riverside-software.fr/

Von: pvt@rhenus.be [mailto:bounce-pvtrhenusbe@community.progress.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 16. Juni 2015 15:23
An: TU.OE.Deployment@community.progress.com
Betreff: [Technical Users - OE Deployment] deploy client via msi or other tool

Thread created by pvt@rhenus.be

Does anyone know how to put the oe11.x client in a .msi so we can use System Center to deploy it to the clients? I've read different articles to do it via silent install but for some strange reason SCCM refuses to install it. I've put everything in a bat-file with the silent install params and this works fine if done interactively.

I've checked with Progress but they have no idea. All suggestions are welcome!

Posted by Stefan Marquardt on 16-Jun-2015 08:56

Doesn't the logfile of the silent installation helps?

Posted by GarthBond on 17-Jun-2015 01:33

Hi Stefan,

Our company Automate is also looking for Automated Deployment solutions. We are have a telecom today at 16:00 GMT+2 with Gilles from Padeo to find out more.

Regards

Garth

Posted by Riverside Software on 17-Jun-2015 14:30

Hi,

Feel free to contact us if you need any additional information on Padeo. The aim is to produce MSI for the Webclient and your application, which can be pushed using any deployment software (including SCCM).

Gilles

This thread is closed