After upgrade from 10.2B to 11.5.1: VC++ Error R6034 calling

Posted by Stefan Marquardt on 11-Jun-2015 09:38

After an update from 10.2B(32bit) to 11.5.1 (32bit) we hit this error from the VC++ Runtime Library when we call an procedure in an existing dll.

R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the application's support tem for more information.

procmon shows that syswow64\msvcr80.dll is called

Any suggestions? The used dll remained the same.

All Replies

Posted by James Palmer on 11-Jun-2015 09:40

Was it just Progress version that changed or did you change windows version too?

James Palmer | Application Developer
Tel: 01253 785103 | Fax: 01253 785001 | Web: www.inenco.com | Twitter : @inenco

footer

[collapse]
From: Stefan Marquardt [mailto:bounce-Marquardt@community.progress.com]
Sent: 11 June 2015 15:39
To: TU.OE.Deployment@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE Deployment] After upgrade from 10.2B to 11.5.1: VC++ Error R6034 calling external dll

Thread created by Stefan Marquardt

After an update from 10.2B(32bit) to 11.5.1 (32bit) we hit this error from the VC++ Runtime Library when we call an procedure in an existing dll.

R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the application's support tem for more information.

procmon shows that syswow64\msvcr80.dll is called

Any suggestions? The used dll remained the same.

Posted by TheMadDBA on 11-Jun-2015 09:47

Sounds like your manifest file is missing.

knowledgebase.progress.com/.../000029416

Make sure you have the manifest files in the proper location and/or the PATH is set properly.

Posted by Stefan Marquardt on 11-Jun-2015 09:55

Same server, only 10.2b removed, 11.5.1 installed, db conversion, compile and copy the external dll to .\bin directory again.

The prowin32.exe.manifest is in the .\bin dir too - that's the fresh 11.5.1 installation.

Posted by TheMadDBA on 11-Jun-2015 10:03

Hmmmm,,, just throwing some ideas out at this point.

Do the mainfest files look ok in both directories?

Maybe try copying them to your working directory?

Posted by Stefan Marquardt on 12-Jun-2015 04:36

It seems to be an error in the used external dll because OE 11.5.1 now uses another VC++ dll.

This thread is closed