10.2B08 & 11.5 dual install , remote monitoring

Posted by Dmitry Lishafaev on 13-Mar-2015 07:14

It is possible to have both versions of OE on same machine (managed by OEM)?

I have 10.2B/win32 on my local dev server. I have installed 11.5 on same server and have changed adminport and port to new values (This is my test to move from 10.2B to 11.5). Everything works fine.

To emulate of coexistence these two versions I should enable remote monitoring by remote OE Management server. No issues with 10.2B, but some questions with v11:

I have installed OEM 11.5 on remote AIX server and made all configuration tasks (initial setup, changed port value (from default 6835 to 6836) in [Management] section of management.properties on both AIX and win32 servers, restart).

And I cannot discover my server from OEM. It is possible? (After all,both versions have different types of jms transport)

Best Regards,

Dmitry.

Posted by Dmitry Lishafaev on 16-Mar-2015 07:46

I am sorry )

This was a windows firewall problem (on my test client). Everything works fine.

All Replies

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 13-Mar-2015 07:16

You can’t remotely monitor 10.2B from 11.5

11.5 can remotely monitor 11.3/4/5.

[collapse]
It is possible to have both versions of OE on same machine (managed by OEM)?

I have 10.2B/win32 on my local dev server. I have installed 11.5 on same server and have changed adminport and port to new values (This is my test to move from 10.2B to 11.5). Everything works fine.

To emulate of coexistence these two versions I should enable remote monitoring by remote OE Management server. No issues with 10.2B, but some questions with v11:

I have installed OEM 11.5 on remote AIX server and made all configuration tasks (initial setup, changed port value (from default 6835 to 6836) in [Management] section of management.properties on both AIX and win32 servers, restart).

And I cannot discover my server from OEM. It is possible? (After all,both versions have different types of jms transport)

Best Regards,

Dmitry.

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 13-Mar-2015 07:23

Unless I misread and you have both 10.2B and 11.5 on both Win and AIX machines.

11.5 OEM should be able to see 11.5 on Windows.

What happens if you add the Windows 11.5 instance under Options – remote monitoring to be monitored ?

[collapse]
[...]

[/collapse][/collapse]

Posted by Dmitry Lishafaev on 13-Mar-2015 07:29

I have OEM 10.2B and OEM 11.5 on two separated AIX-boxes.

And I have one win32 server with 10.2 and 11.5 dual install.

No issues with 10.2B remote monitoring  on OEM10.2B.

I cannot discover 11.5 adminserver on OEM 11.5.

I can discover 11.5/win32 on clean PC, but my goal is to have BOTH versions on same server managed by corresponded OE version.

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 13-Mar-2015 07:32

Ø  I cannot discover 11.5 adminserver on OEM 11.5.

Can you add it manually ?

[collapse]
I have OEM 10.2B and OEM 11.5 on two separated AIX-boxes.

And I have one win32 server with 10.2 and 11.5 dual install.

No issues with 10.2B remote monitoring  on OEM10.2B.

I cannot discover 11.5 adminserver on OEM 11.5.

I can discover 11.5/win32 on clean PC, but my goal is to have BOTH versions on same server managed by corresponded OE version.

Posted by Dmitry Lishafaev on 13-Mar-2015 07:44

How I can add it manually (without GUI)? There is no fmconfig in my 11.5.

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 13-Mar-2015 08:00

OEM Console – options – remote adminservers – add (or new or something like that)

The remote monitoring ‘listener’ is enabled automatically since 11.3.

[collapse]