Change server hardware.

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 27-Feb-2015 15:19

I need to ditch the hardware I have running my appserver know.

Is there a way to concentrate the config of current server, copy to new server with same ip and same name and then unplug ethernet in machine B and plug machine A, so machine A becomes B (live server) all of a sudden?

TIA.

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 27-Feb-2015 16:35

I did not mean it as a perm solution, just for the “migration”. And yes it would.

ubroker.properties contains unified broker definitions

[collapse]
From: OctavioOlguin [mailto:bounce-OctavioOlguin@community.progress.com]
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2015 11:11 PM
To: TU.OE.Deployment@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - OE Deployment] Change server hardware.

Reply by OctavioOlguin

Thanks for answer...

But,

1) I haven't been able to use load balancer, is something I'm intending to fix once I finish some routines needed, so the current clients (4) making very few requests, are using -DirectConnect.

2) my infrastructure is so light, that the nameserver and appsever will be on same machine for the time being.. This brings me to the original scenario, won't it?

Should moving the some *.properties file do the trick?

Thanks.

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 27-Feb-2015 15:29

That should work.

You can also add a new broker to a NS load balancer, and then simply disconnect the old machine.

[collapse]
I need to ditch the hardware I have running my appserver know.

Is there a way to concentrate the config of current server, copy to new server with same ip and same name and then unplug ethernet in machine B and plug machine A, so machine A becomes B (live server) all of a sudden?

TIA.

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 27-Feb-2015 16:10

[...]

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 27-Feb-2015 17:34

Done!!!!!!

Thanks.

This thread is closed