Session Pool Error Running Pacific AppServer

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 09-Jan-2015 15:47

Hi.

Accessing an OEPAS instance using a Java OpenClient, what type of series of events would cause the following error to occur?

com.progress.open4gl.dynamicapi.SessionPool$SessionNotFoundException: SessionPool : SessionNotFound[<session-000001|http://wintest:8810/apsv>]

There are no errors in the agent logs (that I can find) that provide any clues.

All Replies

Posted by Irfan on 09-Jan-2015 20:56

Hi Jeff,

Can you please look for any errors in ROOT.<date>.log(Session Manager). It seems like the agent itself did not got started because of some configuration problem like database not getting started.

In addition to that, can you please mention if  this error is  occurring for your first request or sometime after running series of requests.

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 11-Jan-2015 07:43

Hi.

I’m not sure where to find the log you are referring to.

The agent appears to be running fine. My app seems to work as normal until this message; sometimes it pops up after a few dozen, sometimes after a few hundred, calls to the PAS via java proxy.

Jeff Ledbetter

[collapse]
Sent: Friday, January 9, 2015 8:57 PM
To: TU.OE.Deployment@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - OE Deployment] Session Pool Error Running Pacific AppServer

Reply by Irfan

Hi Jeff,

Can you please look for any errors in ROOT.<date>.log(Session Manager). It seems like the agent itself did not got started because of some configuration problem like database not getting started.

In addition to that, can you please mention if  this error is  occurring for your first request or sometime after running series of requests.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Michael Jacobs on 11-Jan-2015 08:03

The logs for the handling and execution of OpenEdge client requests are found in the server instance's '/logs' folder.   Each server instance's logs for PAS, OpenEdge, and any other installed web products will always be found there.  

There will be two log files that reflect the ABL application's name, which in most cases will default to the same name as the server instance.   One log will contain the information from the OpenEdge handling of http requests in the PAS web server and the scheduling/execution of the associated ABL request in one of the server pool's ABL sessions.   The other log will contain the information from the Multi-Session Agent's ABL sessions that execute the request's ABL code.

For example:

Instance name:  oepas1

Instance path:    /oe/wrk/oepas1   ( $WRKDIR/oepas1 )

Logs:

/oe/wrk/oepas1/logs/oepas1.<date>.log

/oe/wrk/oepas1/logs/oepas1.agent.log

You may have to increase the logging level to see details in the server's oeabl web application (ROOT) or agent configurations.

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 11-Jan-2015 16:40

​Ok, I had checked those logs but I thought he was referencing some other log. There are no errors to see (that I can find). I cannot duplicate regularly. These same proxies work fine against traditional appserver.

Jeff Ledbetter
Roundtable Product Architect

[collapse]
From: Michael Jacobs <bounce-mjacobs@community.progress.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 11, 2015 8:03 AM
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - OE Deployment] Session Pool Error Running Pacific AppServer

Reply by Michael Jacobs

The logs for the handling and execution of OpenEdge client requests are found in the server instance's '/logs' folder.   Each server instance's logs for PAS, OpenEdge, and any other installed web products will always be found there.  

There will be two log files that reflect the ABL application's name, which in most cases will default to the same name as the server instance.   One log will contain the information from the OpenEdge handling of http requests in the PAS web server and the scheduling/execution of the associated ABL request in one of the server pool's ABL sessions.   The other log will contain the information from the Multi-Session Agent's ABL sessions that execute the request's ABL code.

For example:

Instance name:  oepas1

Instance path:    /oe/wrk/oepas1   ( $WRKDIR/oepas1 )

Logs:

/oe/wrk/oepas1/logs/oepas1.<date>.log

/oe/wrk/oepas1/logs/oepas1.agent.log

You may have to increase the logging level to see details in the server's oeabl web application (ROOT) or agent configurations.

[/collapse]

Posted by Irfan on 12-Jan-2015 00:55

Jeff,

As you are not seeing any errors in the logs, can you please tell us the configuration of your application server to understand the problem accurately.

I would like to look at the below parameters in oepas1/conf/openedge.properties file

maxABLSessionsPerAgent

maxAgents

maxConnectionsPerAgent

numInitialAgents

In addition to that, can you also please mention the way your client works. How many concurrent clients do you run and what are its operating modes. It would be nice, if you could also mention your old appserver configuration.

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 12-Jan-2015 06:55

Hi.

This is a dev instance of PAS.

maxABLSessionsPerAgent=200
maxAgents=1
maxConnectionsPerAgent=16
numInitialAgents=1

“In addition to that, can you also please mention the way your client works. How many concurrent clients do you run and what are its operating modes. It would be nice, if you could also mention your old appserver configuration.”

I’m not sure exactly what you want to know as far as “the way your client works”. That’s very ambiguous. Our client is a java client that runs as a plug-in for eclipse. It uses .jar files generated from the OE Proxy Generator.

In this instance I am the only connection (this is a test environment).

The traditional appserver is run stateless.

Other errors generated today that I have not seen up until now.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2015-01-12 06:43:49.518
!MESSAGE While loading class "com.progress.openedge.pdt.rest.server.RESTManagerRuntime", thread "Thread[Worker-4,5,main]" timed out waiting (5069ms) for thread "Thread[Worker-1,5,main]" to finish starting bundle "com.progress.openedge.pdt.rest_11.5.0.00 [53]". To avoid deadlock, thread "Thread[Worker-4,5,main]" is proceeding but "com.progress.openedge.pdt.rest.server.RESTManagerRuntime" may not be fully initialized.
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: State change in progress for bundle "reference:file:plugins/com.progress.openedge.pdt.rest_11.5.0.00/" by thread "Worker-1".

!MESSAGE com.progress.open4gl.Open4GLException: Communication layer message: General Error: An http protocol error occured: java.io.EOFException: A HTTP response is not available (9986). (7175)
!STACK 0
com.progress.open4gl.Open4GLException: Communication layer message: General Error: An http protocol error occured: java.io.EOFException: A HTTP response is not available (9986). (7175)

Are we running into a limitation with the Dev PAS?

Jeff Ledbetter

[collapse]
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2015 12:56 AM

Reply by Irfan

Jeff,

As you are not seeing any errors in the logs, can you please tell us the configuration of your application server to understand the problem accurately.

I would like to look at the below parameters in oepas1/conf/openedge.properties file

maxABLSessionsPerAgent

maxAgents

maxConnectionsPerAgent

numInitialAgents

In addition to that, can you also please mention the way your client works. How many concurrent clients do you run and what are its operating modes. It would be nice, if you could also mention your old appserver configuration.

[/collapse]

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 13-Jan-2015 08:30

Hi.

Any ideas or should I log with tech support?

Jeff Ledbetter

[collapse]
From: Jeff Ledbetter [mailto:bounce-jeffledbetter@community.progress.com]
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2015 6:56 AM

Reply by Jeff Ledbetter
Hi.

maxAgents=1
numInitialAgents=1

“In addition to that, can you also please mention the way your client works. How many concurrent clients do you run and what are its operating modes. It would be nice, if you could also mention your old appserver configuration.”

I’m not sure exactly what you want to know as far as “the way your client works”. That’s very ambiguous. Our client is a java client that runs as a plug-in for eclipse. It uses .jar files generated from the OE Proxy Generator.

!MESSAGE While loading class "com.progress.openedge.pdt.rest.server.RESTManagerRuntime", thread "Thread[Worker-4,5,main]" timed out waiting (5069ms) for thread "Thread[Worker-1,5,main]" to finish starting bundle "com.progress.openedge.pdt.rest_11.5.0.00 [53]". To avoid deadlock, thread "Thread[Worker-4,5,main]" is proceeding but "com.progress.openedge.pdt.rest.server.RESTManagerRuntime" may not be fully initialized.
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: State change in progress for bundle "reference:file:plugins/com.progress.openedge.pdt.rest_11.5.0.00/" by thread "Worker-1".

!MESSAGE com.progress.open4gl.Open4GLException: Communication layer message: General Error: An http protocol error occured: java.io.EOFException: A HTTP response is not available (9986). (7175)
!STACK 0
com.progress.open4gl.Open4GLException: Communication layer message: General Error: An http protocol error occured: java.io.EOFException: A HTTP response is not available (9986). (7175)

Jeff Ledbetter

[collapse]

Reply by Irfan

Jeff,

maxABLSessionsPerAgent

maxAgents

maxConnectionsPerAgent

numInitialAgents

[/collapse][/collapse]

Posted by Peter Judge on 13-Jan-2015 09:21

Jeff,

Contact TS.

-- peter

[collapse]
Sent: Tuesday, 13 January, 2015 09:31

Reply by Jeff Ledbetter
Hi.

Any ideas or should I log with tech support?

Jeff Ledbetter

[collapse]
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2015 6:56 AM

Reply by Jeff Ledbetter
Hi.

maxAgents=1
numInitialAgents=1

!STACK 0

!STACK 0

Jeff Ledbetter

[collapse]

Reply by Irfan

Jeff,

maxABLSessionsPerAgent

maxAgents

maxConnectionsPerAgent

numInitialAgents

[/collapse][/collapse][/collapse]

Posted by David Cleary on 13-Jan-2015 13:43

Yes Jeff, please open a support case with TS. This looks like it will be more involved than a forum message could solve.

Thanks

Dave

This thread is closed