Tool for Linux deployment

Posted by Simon de Kraa on 16-Dec-2014 09:25

At the moment our Linux deployment is a manual procedure: install Progress, Java, application software, databases, maintenance scripts etc. all done manually.

What method do you use next to regular scripting that would make our life easier?

In the end I would like to be able to do something like:

yum install app

yum update app

yum uninstall app

from a central repository.

All Replies

Posted by Peter Judge on 16-Dec-2014 10:16

I've started using Ant scripts (together with PCT* ) to compile ABL code and build PLs or ZIP files.  Depending on what level of tailoring scripts you want, you can also use Ant, although if your installation tailoring gets to be really complex, you will probably have to use a proper installer.

It'd be cool/neat to have a 'yum' or 'npm' or similar for ABL stuff but none exists to my knowledge.

What do you currently use on Windows?

-- peter

[collapse]