Building ABLUnit classes on Linux (w/ bamboo/ant/pct)

Posted by bronco on 11-Dec-2014 07:27

I'm trying to build my application via bamboo/ant/pct on Linux. My application also has a unittest (since today). What I noticed is the build fails since there's no ablunit.pl in the tty directory of DLC installation (on Linux).

We installed, AppServer Enterprise, DB enterprise and Development server licanses. My question is, what should I install to get this pl in my <DLC>/tty directory. I know I can copy it manually but that's not what I want.

All Replies

Posted by DivyaTheja on 11-Dec-2014 07:31

Hi brono,

ablunit.pl file ships along with Progress Developer Studio for OpenEdge component.

-DivyaTheja

Posted by bronco on 11-Dec-2014 07:53

Hello Divya,

So if I want to run the unit tests on Linux I have to make sure myself that ablunit.pl is on the (build) system and in my propath?

The same goes for compiling. I compile my unit tests also on Linux.

Wouldn't it be more logical to add ablunit to the Development Server license? (since unit testing is also part of ones Continuous Integration workflow).

Posted by Mike Fechner on 11-Dec-2014 07:55

Wouldn't it be more logical to add ablunit to the Development Server license? (since unit testing is also part of ones Continuous Integration workflow).

+1

Posted by DivyaTheja on 11-Dec-2014 08:04

Hello Bronco,

Yes, You can run ablunit tests by adding ablunit.pl(from your windows DLC\tty) to PROPATH. Second question, Product Management will answer.

- DivyaTheja

This thread is closed