Webclient deployment

Posted by Elsworth Burmeister on 03-Dec-2014 00:29

Hi guys Im trying to get my application to install after the webclient install. Now ive edited the bootstrap.htm to look if webclient is installed and if it is install the application and if its no then run webclient htm which takes you to the webclient for down load. If edited the webclient.htm and set the following ether.SetProperty("ProwcappURL", "http://server1/webclient/app_installer/yourapp.prowcapc"); which should run and install my application straight after the webclient install. yet it DOES NOT. Can someone please indicate and point me into the correct direction of what the problem is? TIA

All Replies

Posted by Dileep Dasa on 03-Dec-2014 00:50

Please specify the browser you are using and also OE version.

Did you try with any other browser(s)?

Posted by Elsworth Burmeister on 03-Dec-2014 00:56

Im using internet explorer and the openedge 11.3.2. I have not tried with any other browsers no.

Posted by Dileep Dasa on 03-Dec-2014 03:27

OK. It should work if you are using IE. Please check your webclient.htm file to ensure that you have correct value for "ProwcappURL".

I suspect that this value is reset after you set it with ether.SetProperty(). Search for ProwcappURL after "ether.SetProperty("ProwcappURL", "http://server1/webclient/app_installer/yourapp.prowcapc");" line. If there is any other line that sets value for ProwcappURL, make sure that it is set to "http://server1/webclient/app_installer/yourapp.prowcapc"

Posted by Elsworth Burmeister on 03-Dec-2014 03:53

Hi there is no other line that sets this property...?

If I run my bootstrap again after the webclient installs it will install my app. so the bootstrap.htm is working fine.

Posted by Dileep Dasa on 03-Dec-2014 04:02

Yes, if you run bootstrap.htm, it will check if webclient is installed or not. If yes, it will start installing the application. In your case, as webclient is already installed, you are seeing the application install.

Can you attach webclient.htm file that you are using?

Posted by Elsworth Burmeister on 03-Dec-2014 04:28

Hi ive debugged my webclient.htm and the code to fire the prowcappc file is in the startinstall function. this fires directly when I click install on the webclient install page. Am I correct that after my webclient is installed its supposed to install my application? and I don't have to run the bootstrap again?

Elsworth Burmeister

Developer - Managed Services

Cell: +27 83 777 3072 Email: eburmeister@elcb.co.za

ELCB Information Services (Pty) Ltd