DataServer Install

Posted by Scott.Winkeler on 25-Aug-2014 16:15

I have installed the DataServer for Microsoft SQL Server.  I have setup the broker and the schema holder.  I can access the SQL server locally on the server and can query the database as I am wanting to.  However, I will need to set the dataserver up as a remote dataserver.  The broker starts up fine but when it tries to fire up the servers, it throws up the following error.

[14/08/16@14:12:45.138-0500] P-004252 T-S-0001 1 UB ---------- Server exec error : CreateProcess: "C:\DLC102B\bin\_msssrv.exe" -svub -S X -N TCP -U X -P X -hs 0 -s 40 -m1 mssMaximo -ipver IPv4 -dsminport 6000 -dsmaxport 7000 error=2 (8109)

1,221 [14/08/16@14:12:45.138-0500] P-004252 T-S-0001 2 UB Basic ERROR: cannot start server. (8100)

In the server setup, I noticed that the server executable file is _msssrv.exe and I can't find that executable on the server anywhere.  I assume this is the cause of my issue.  I did not do the install for the dataserver personally, but I assume the install was ok because I don't think I would have been able to even setup the dataserver broker if the install hadn't been successful.  Has anyone ran into this before?  Is the _msssrv.exe supposed to be in the bin directory like I am assuming?

If anyone else has seen this before or has any suggestions, any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Posted by Rob Debbage on 28-Aug-2014 07:45

Hi,

If DataServer for Microsoft SQL Server is installed correctly then _msssrv.exe should be present in C:\DLC102B\bin. It is a mandatory component - you can't run the Unified DataServer broker for the MSS DataServer without it.

Please launch Config or open C:\DLC102B\progress.cfg and confirm that you have any entry for the DataServer. I would assume that the product is installed since you were able to configure a broker for it, but if it isn't then it needs to be added to the installation.

If the product is listed, then I would suggest applying the latest 10.2B service pack (8) which should add in the missing component.

Kind regards,

Rob

All Replies

Posted by Rob Debbage on 28-Aug-2014 07:45

Hi,

If DataServer for Microsoft SQL Server is installed correctly then _msssrv.exe should be present in C:\DLC102B\bin. It is a mandatory component - you can't run the Unified DataServer broker for the MSS DataServer without it.

Please launch Config or open C:\DLC102B\progress.cfg and confirm that you have any entry for the DataServer. I would assume that the product is installed since you were able to configure a broker for it, but if it isn't then it needs to be added to the installation.

If the product is listed, then I would suggest applying the latest 10.2B service pack (8) which should add in the missing component.

Kind regards,

Rob

Posted by Scott.Winkeler on 28-Aug-2014 12:29

That worked perfectly.  Thanks a bunch.

This thread is closed