OE Management - not sending e-mail alerts

Posted by Mark Davies on 21-Aug-2014 01:43

Hi,

Running OE11.2 and also test on OE10.2B. I created a new Log File monitor that checks a file every 15sec for a specific literal and should then log an alert and send an e-mail. I created a new e-mail action and tested that the e-mail works (using the Test button on the e-mail screen). The general e-mail details are also set up and I do receive mails for things like the appserver log file name change, but I never get the e-mails from my new log file monitory. I can see that the alerts are created and the number of failures in the log file monitor is increment correctly each time there is a failure, just no e-mail, ever.

Where can I start to look for an issue? Did I miss something during the setup?

Thanks in advance.

All Replies

Posted by Shivani on 21-Aug-2014 04:46

Hi,

There seems to be a problem with this particular resource – log file monitor, in sending mail notification, with every occurrence of the alert. This is a bug.

Thanks and Regards,
Shivani Sripada

[collapse]
From: Mark Davies [mailto:bounce-markdprosoftitcoza@community.progress.com]
Sent: 21 August 2014 12:15
To: TU.OE.Deployment@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE Deployment] OE Management - not sending e-mail alerts

Thread created by Mark Davies

Hi,

Running OE11.2 and also test on OE10.2B. I created a new Log File monitor that checks a file every 15sec for a specific literal and should then log an alert and send an e-mail. I created a new e-mail action and tested that the e-mail works (using the Test button on the e-mail screen). The general e-mail details are also set up and I do receive mails for things like the appserver log file name change, but I never get the e-mails from my new log file monitory. I can see that the alerts are created and the number of failures in the log file monitor is increment correctly each time there is a failure, just no e-mail, ever.

Where can I start to look for an issue? Did I miss something during the setup?

Thanks in advance.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Mark Davies on 21-Aug-2014 07:47

Seems to be a bug since its introduction. Tested this on 10.2B and on 11.2.0 - just nothing on any of the alerts, not even the first one.

Posted by Rohit Kumar on 21-Aug-2014 08:21

PSC00312139 has been created for this issue.

This thread is closed