Webspeed agents take too long to start

Posted by kunal.watkar on 19-Jun-2014 14:52

Hi,

I have configured a webspeed server, which takes around 30 minutes to change the state of its agents from Starting to Available.

Is it a normal behaviour ? If not, what action can i take to reduce the time and make agents available as early as possible.

--

Thanks,

Kunal

All Replies

Posted by Irfan on 19-Jun-2014 22:05

How many agents did you try to start and what are the startup parameters you provided for the webspeed transaction broker.

Posted by Arun Kumar Mohapatra on 19-Jun-2014 23:59

One of the reason that takes time to change webspeed agent process state "STARTING" to "AVAILABLE" is due to time taken by the agent process to connect any configured database. Normally we are passing database to which agent process wants to connect as "srvrStartupParam" in ubroker.properties file.

if database connection takes more time then starting of agent process takes more time to complete, in this scenario you need to verify why DB takes more time to accept any connection request.

Also another reason is to search for available server socket for binding. Normally we are providing a socket range using "srvrMaxPort" & "srvrMinPort" in ubroker.properties file. when an agent starts it searches for the available socket with in that range, this searching also takes some time extra time to get available socket to bind. But there is very less chance that this operation takes 30min time to start.

Thanks,

Arun

Posted by ornhill on 19-Jun-2014 23:59

fra min HTC-telefon

----- Reply message -----
Fra: "kunal.watkar" <bounce-kunalwatkar@community.progress.com>
Til: <TU.OE.Deployment@community.progress.com>
Emne: [Technical Users - OE Deployment] Webspeed a gents take too long to start
Dato: tor., jun. 19, 2014 21:52

Thread created by kunal.watkar

Hi,

I have configured a webspeed server, which takes around 30 minutes to change the state of its agents from Starting to Available.

Is it a normal behaviour ? If not, what action can i take to reduce the time and make agents available as early as possible.

--

Thanks,

Kunal

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Posted by Jean Richert on 20-Jun-2014 15:27

Hi Kunal,

Have you seen the following?

community.progress.com/.../769.quebec-area-pug.aspx

Posted by kunal.watkar on 20-Jun-2014 16:49

Hi Jean,

The link is not valid. It is showing Page not found error.

Please provide a valid response.

--

Thanks,

Kunal

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 24-Jun-2014 08:17

The link is valid, does not show anything about Webspeed, but it is valid :)

Anyway - with regards the the OP - that would depend on how is the broker configured and what is it doing during startup, which would be seen in the server & broker.log files. Is this a problem for any broker or just this one? Eg if you create a new webspeed default broker, with 1 agent to start, without additional parameters and database connection - just default - how long does it start ? I mean change the agent to AVAIL status?

This thread is closed