oe management unexpected error exception

Posted by a.noteboom on 20-May-2014 15:33

I'm seeing these errors in admserv.log of oe management every 5 minutes: (Tue May 20 22:10:19 CEST 2014)Fathom_Bookmark [5/20/14 10:10:53 PM] [0] [*UnexpectedError*] * recorded as exception #64 in file ads0.exp. **** 64 **** Exception at Tue May 20 22:10:53 CEST 2014: java.lang.NullPointerException Message (throw): Error polling resource. Message (excp): null Stack Trace: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.progress.isq.ipqos.resources.plugins.database.DbVstData.collectSamples(DbVstData.java:749) at com.progress.isq.ipqos.resources.plugins.database.DatabaseInstResource.doWork(DatabaseInstResource.java:804) at com.progress.isq.ipqos.ScheduledWorkShell.run(ScheduledWorkShell.java:95) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) If i disable the dbagent of the database, the errors stop. Anyone seen these errors before? running with 11.3.2 32bit on windows 2012R2. i did a proutil -C updateVST just in case, as this database was upgraded from 10.2B But it didn't help.

Posted by a.noteboom on 27-May-2014 15:59

I have opened a case with techsupport.  

We created a new database, a new management trending database, recreated the entry in adminservice, the management configdb.

finally a noticed some more errors in the admserv,log:

[5/26/14 4:21:44 PM] [3] [Fathom-GRAPH] Error initializing graph data for localhost:resource.database.local.allsolacpt: com.orientechnologies.orient.core.index.OIndexException: Found duplicated key 'localhost:resource.database.local.allsolacpt._ActPWs' in index 'graphdata.KEY' previously assigned to the record #11:91; Found duplicated key 'localhost:resource.database.local.allsolacpt._ActPWs' in index 'graphdata.KEY' previously assigned to the record #11:91

That triggered us to think of the graph cachefiles.

After deleting the graphdata and cachedata folder in then OEM working dir, the problem went away.

Somehow i managed to get the cache corrupted.

Thanks to techsupport for working with me to find it.

All Replies

Posted by Jean Richert on 27-May-2014 15:21

I searched the Community but couldn't find anything relevant.

Anyone following this forum has experienced that before?

Posted by a.noteboom on 27-May-2014 15:59

I have opened a case with techsupport.  

We created a new database, a new management trending database, recreated the entry in adminservice, the management configdb.

finally a noticed some more errors in the admserv,log:

[5/26/14 4:21:44 PM] [3] [Fathom-GRAPH] Error initializing graph data for localhost:resource.database.local.allsolacpt: com.orientechnologies.orient.core.index.OIndexException: Found duplicated key 'localhost:resource.database.local.allsolacpt._ActPWs' in index 'graphdata.KEY' previously assigned to the record #11:91; Found duplicated key 'localhost:resource.database.local.allsolacpt._ActPWs' in index 'graphdata.KEY' previously assigned to the record #11:91

That triggered us to think of the graph cachefiles.

After deleting the graphdata and cachedata folder in then OEM working dir, the problem went away.

Somehow i managed to get the cache corrupted.

Thanks to techsupport for working with me to find it.

This thread is closed