OpenEdge Explorer "User Activity" alternative

Posted by Tai Li on 07-May-2014 02:43

Hi All,

On my OpenEdge Explorer, "User Activity" is unavailable. A search online stated that it is required to have a separate license for OpenEdge Management. I will like to find out if there are any alternative to this? Can PROMON utility display the same information?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Regards,

Tai Li

Posted by Shivani on 07-May-2014 03:44

PROMON can be used to display “User Activity”.

Execute Promon $DBNAME

Select Option 1 – User Control

Thanks and Regards,
Shivani Sripada

[collapse]

OpenEdge Explorer "User Activity" alternative
Thread created by Tai Li

Hi All,

On my OpenEdge Explorer, "User Activity" is unavailable. A search online stated that it is required to have a separate license for OpenEdge Management. I will like to find out if there are any alternative to this? Can PROMON utility display the same information?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Regards,

Tai Li

Posted by Tai Li on 07-May-2014 04:18

Hi [mention:4a0c192d7b004879958e4e19fde9bd6d:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05],

Thanks for your response.

You are right. I wasn't confident about my stand that PROMON utility is able to display those information present in "User Activity" view. But further exploring PROMON utility, most of the information seems to be able to be found in the options within PROMON utility.

To get an idea how "User Activity" view looks like, go to this link (OE10.2A OpenEdge Explorer documentation), navigate to "OpenEdge Management: Database Management > Examining Data from an OpenEdge Database > Understanding OpenEdge database views > User Activity views".

Posted by ChUIMonster on 07-May-2014 07:17

Download ProTop -- it's free!

dbappraise.com/protop.html

Posted by gus on 07-May-2014 09:39

highly recommended. everyone should have a copy or two.

Posted by Tai Li on 07-May-2014 21:05

[quote user="ChUIMonster"]

Download ProTop -- it's free!

dbappraise.com/protop.html

[/quote]

My apology, I can't accept your answer as my question was whether if PROMON utility is able to display information shown in "User Activity", and [mention:4a0c192d7b004879958e4e19fde9bd6d:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05] answered just that.

Nevertheless, your recommendation looks promising! Thanks [mention:dc2ff39fa15940708b78017f1194db6a:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05]!

[quote user="gus"]

highly recommended. everyone should have a copy or two.

[/quote]
I'll try it!

This thread is closed