File Transfer, IntelHex/Pcx, Intermec Printers

Posted by LegacyUser on 16-May-2001 23:09

Hi all,

I have been struggling with this for a couple of days and really need an answer. I will try to explain as best I can the situation so that you will have a better idea of what it is I want.

Recently I started working with the Intermec EasyCoder F4 printers. I have written a program that prompts the user for a IP address, port (both of the printer) and a local directory in which to search. My program then goes through this directory and picks up each label format (in Fingerprint language) and sends 10 lines at a time to the printer. I had to do 10 at a time or they dont always get there.

Now I am trying to download the images to the printer. From what I have read you can either send it PCX files or Intelhex. I have tried both wyas with different results.

PCX - All goes well, until I try to opent he pcx file. This then closes the connection (Socket communication) and aborts basically.

Intelhex - I go through the direcory and convert my PCX files to Intelhex (using a little DOS command I found) and then send that file through to the printer. This all seems to work, except the image is garbage. I do not know if this is the fact that the converter is not working properly as I can not find anything to view Intelhex image files with.

Now if you can see anything abvious or you have any ideas as to getting around this it would be greatly appreciated. My next move was to try to transfer the PCX file without opening it, but I can not seem to find a way inwhich to do this in Progress. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully you will have some ideas.

CYA

Wayne Singh

All Replies

This thread is closed