OEM doesn't detect OE 10.02

Posted by MiroslavPragl on 03-May-2012 02:49

Hi,

I'm new to OpenEdge and obviously my first OE based application installation failed. I Installed 10.2A, patched it with SP3 and fix 23. According to ShowVer I have 10.2a SP3 installed:

Product Name : Progress
       Install Path : c:\program files\XYZ\oe102a
       Version : 10.2A
       Service Pack : 03
       Temp. Fix : 23
       Build  : 1390

But when I try to install OpenEdge Manager/Explorer I get "No supported versions of OpenEdge are available to associate with this installation ..." error like OEM can't find installed OE at all.

Also, the applicatin which OE is bundled with complains about OE version as well: The shared memory is version 38076416; expected 12009 (1178)

What should I check (environment variables, config files etc)?

Thanks in advance

Miroslav

All Replies

Posted by egarcia on 03-May-2012 03:52

Hello,

Error (1178) indicates that the client is trying to connect to the database server using shared memory and the versions do not match.

(I found a knowledge base article that provides some information: http://progresscustomersupport-survey.force.com/OpenEdgeKB/articles/Article/P11743)

It looks like the your database server is 64-bit and the client is 32-bit.

You can solve this issue by using a network connection by specifying -H and -S on the client. (The server needs to be started with the -S parameter.)

This is also the configuration that remote clients would use.

I am guessing that the issue with OEM not detecting the OpenEdge install is caused by the 32-bit / 64-bit difference. The version of OEM being installed is 32-bit and the database product is 64-bit.

The 64-bit version off OpenEdge Management should detect the 64-bit version of OpenEdge that is already installed.

I hope this helps.

This thread is closed