Setting sort order in ADM2 browser permanently

Posted by Darren Parr on 30-Mar-2020 21:09

Hi

I have set the sort order in a browser connected to an SDO. It works fine other than the fact that as soon as you enter edit mode on a record in a connected viewer (the SDB has no enabled fields and is just being used to select records), the sort order disappears and the query refreshes. 

What do I need to do to have this retained? I noted from a few KB articles that the sort columns stuff is broken in 12.1 in that a static SDB doesn't have the option to right-click and sort. I fixed this by just using a start-search trigger with a reopening of the browsers query (sdo) sorting by the field they have clicked. 

This ought to be simple. Unfortunately calls to setQuerySort don't do the job. 

Thanks

Darren

Posted by Mike Fechner on 30-Mar-2020 21:20

ADM2. That’s long ago.

IMHO after {set QuerySort …} in the SDO you need to call function openQuery in the SDO.

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 30-Mar-2020 21:20

ADM2. That’s long ago.

IMHO after {set QuerySort …} in the SDO you need to call function openQuery in the SDO.

Posted by Darren Parr on 30-Mar-2020 21:26

I tried that. It doesn't save it however and it gets wiped out as soon as you enter edit mode. I don't work with this stuff any longer. 10 years ago I reckon I could have done this quite easily. Unfortunately I'm using the adm2 for maintaining the data to drive a web based generic model and so I'm fixing the usability issues before I get told about them.

Posted by Darren Parr on 30-Mar-2020 21:29

How bizarre. I did try that but now its working.

Thanks Mike

Posted by Mike Fechner on 30-Mar-2020 21:34

😊

This thread is closed