Prevent collapsing of USING statements

Posted by dbeavon on 14-Mar-2020 18:32

How do you prevent the automatic collapsing of USING statements in PDSOE/ABL. 

See below.

I've been scouring the PDSOE settings to find a way to change this.   There is a place where you can configuring USING statements in preferences (Progress OpenEdge > Advanced > Using Statements).  But there doesn't appear to be a way to influence the current behavior of auto-collapsing that part of the code.  

It is quite frustrating when a text editor forces you to grab the mouse and hover over the *tiny* little expander icon (5x5 pixels) just to see your code.  In many other text editors (visual studio and sublime) you rarely have to reach for your mouse to get your work done, let alone try to click on such a *tiny* target.

I'm hoping there is a way to get these USING statements to be expanded when opening a source code file for the first time.  If not then perhaps there is a command to expand ALL collapsed code after the fact.  Please let me know if anyone is aware of how to accomplish either of these things!

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 14-Mar-2020 21:34

I logged that as an enhancement earlier this year.

openedge.ideas.aha.io/.../OPENEDGE-I-692

Please vote it up!

All Replies

Posted by dbeavon on 14-Mar-2020 18:44

I tried this option and it doesn't work.  (image below).

This option doesn't seem to have any effect.  I'm pretty sure that it is not doing what I'm after. 

I'm basically just trying to break the using statements out of their group so they aren't collapsed/hidden.  This shouldn't be so difficult.  I know I must be missing something.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 14-Mar-2020 19:18

OEDT (https://www.omecra.de/home) does not collapse USING Statements by default.

OEDT is an add-on to Progress Developer Studio with a bunch of other cool features.

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 14-Mar-2020 21:34

I logged that as an enhancement earlier this year.

openedge.ideas.aha.io/.../OPENEDGE-I-692

Please vote it up!

Posted by dbeavon on 16-Mar-2020 20:28

Voted!  Thanks.  

The default behavior should be to display my code.  If I didn't want to see my code, then I wouldn't have written it in the first place. ;)

This thread is closed