Generating PCT ClassDocumentation from Jenkins

Posted by Peter Judge on 20-Feb-2020 16:09

I'm playing around with settingup a Jenkins job to build some code. I want to compile, unit-test and generate-doc for a module.

I installed Jenkins and the OpenEdge plugin (thanks Gilles!)

I've got the first 2 working fine: the PCT (and ant-contrib) references are in my build.xml and it works nicely

<taskdef resource="PCT.properties"   classpath="${env.DLC}/pct/PCT.jar" loaderRef="pct" />
<typedef resource="types.properties" classpath="${env.DLC}/pct/PCT.jar" loaderRef="pct"/>

<taskdef resource="net/sf/antcontrib/antcontrib.properties" classpath="${env.DLC}/ant/lib/ant-contrib-0.6.jar" />

Now I want to add the class documentation step. This task requires $dlc/java/ant-libs/ast.jar and @dlc/java/ant-libs/ast-dependencies.jar .

Using the the same approach - adding a "classpath" attribute to the taskdef for the extras115.properties - doesn't work. I get an error

[taskdef] Could not load definitions from resource extras115.properties. It could not be found.

From reading posts on the PCT wiki, it seems like this approach shouldn't be expected to work. The comment was made to add these JARs to ANT_HOME , but I'd really prefer not to; Ant supports a -lib parameters which works great.

Jenkins has a plugin for Ant , but it does't allow you to specify the -lib parameter (or anything other than -D or Ant properties.

Has anyone had success getting the ClassDocumentation task to work in Jenkins, *without* copying the jars around?

Posted by Stefan Drissen on 20-Feb-2020 17:36

From the help button on the "Java Options" field:

If your build requires a custom ANT_OPTS, specify it here. Typically this may be used to specify java memory limits to use, for example -Xmx512m. Note that other Ant options (such as -lib) should go to the "Ant targets" field.

All Replies

Posted by Stefan Drissen on 20-Feb-2020 17:36

From the help button on the "Java Options" field:

If your build requires a custom ANT_OPTS, specify it here. Typically this may be used to specify java memory limits to use, for example -Xmx512m. Note that other Ant options (such as -lib) should go to the "Ant targets" field.

Posted by Peter Judge on 20-Feb-2020 21:12

Awesome!

Thanks - that's doing what I want (it's still failing but for a completely different reason).

And I'll remember to RTF(QuestionMark) from now on …

This thread is closed