Trigger schema in PDSOE... what am I looking at here?

Posted by dbeavon on 12-Nov-2019 23:35

Can someone make sense of the following schema information displayed in PDSOE? ...

You may need to click to get a better image quality.

Notice on the left i the DB structure view I have selected a single table under "REPLICATION TRIGGERS".  However in the DB details it still shows multiple tables (all tables?).  

Next question... I can't make sense of the columns labeled "trigger type" and "event".  What is the purpose of those two columns?  What are they telling me?  

Finally I exported the DF format of the schema and it gave me the following.  

ADD TABLE "gen_clob_prefix"
  AREA "misc256"
  LABEL "Generic"
  DESCRIPTION "Generic clob data prefix table"
  DUMP-NAME "gen_clob_prefix"
  TABLE-TRIGGER "REPLICATION-DELETE" NO-OVERRIDE PROCEDURE "trg/gen_clob_prefix/delete.p" CRC "?" 
  TABLE-TRIGGER "REPLICATION-WRITE" NO-OVERRIDE PROCEDURE "trg/gen_clob_prefix/write.p" CRC "?" 

ADD TABLE "gen_chg_rsn"
  AREA "misc128"
  DESCRIPTION "Generic Change Reason Codes"
  DUMP-NAME "gn_chgrs"
  TABLE-TRIGGER "Replication-Delete" NO-OVERRIDE PROCEDURE "trg/p/trg0283.p" CRC "?" 
  TABLE-TRIGGER "Replication-Write" NO-OVERRIDE PROCEDURE "trg/p/trg0282.p" CRC "?" 

Given the fact that these two tables have almost identical trigger definitions, why is PDSOE making the schema look so different?  Any ideas?

... More info if it helps ...  I was able to find what I believe is the original SQL/ DDL that created the triggers on gen_clob_prefix and it looks like so:

CREATE PRO_CLIENT_FILE_TRIGGER ON PUB."gen_clob_prefix" FOR PRO_REPL_WRITE  PRO_PROCNAME 'trg/gen_clob_prefix/write.p' PRO_OVERRIDEABLE 'n';

CREATE PRO_CLIENT_FILE_TRIGGER ON PUB."gen_clob_prefix" FOR PRO_REPL_DELETE PRO_PROCNAME 'trg/gen_clob_prefix/delete.p' PRO_OVERRIDEABLE 'n';

I don't have any schema creation script for gen_chg_rsn.  I suspect that may have been done in the Data Dictionary.  Perhaps the only difference is that one set of triggers was defined the "old" way in the data dictionary and one was defined the new way via DDL.  Is that a possibility?

We run PDSOE OE 11.7.5.  

All Replies

This thread is closed