Waiting on the next service pack (OE 11.7.6)

Posted by dbeavon on 18-Oct-2019 16:15

OE 11.7.5 is now behind us by a few months.  And no sooner did we install it then its time to wait for the next one.  Any ideas when 11.7.6 will be released?  Has a tentative date been published?  I have two below, but I'm under the impression that neither of these is correct.  I think the next one is months away.

Here are two the public references I've found that mention tentative dates for the next SP.

knowledgebase.progress.com/.../webclient-application-fails-to-run-when-it-detects-a-progress-ini-in-c-windows-created-by-a-non-progress-application

...As of 5/29/2019, release 11.7.6 is scheduled to be released in Q4, 2019, although dates and content of the release are subject to change...

community.progress.com/.../55088

... The current expectation is ... 11.7.6 in Q1 2020. Of course, a lot can change by then.... 

Any news would be appreciated.

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 21-Nov-2019 15:18

David,

That is the latest information.

Brian

All Replies

Posted by dbeavon on 21-Nov-2019 15:02

Can we still assume that the service pack 11.7.6 is scheduled for Q1 of 2020?  Or has this schedule been changed?

I'm happy about hotfixes I'm given on 11.7.5 but once 11.7.6 is released then my understanding is that hotfixes will target that newer service pack instead.... It would certainly be nice to know the timing of 11.7.6 so that we can make preparations.  Eg. We are building out some infrastructure on 11.7.5 based on the fact that it is the only SP of 11.7.x that receives hotfixes.  But that infrastructure would need to be immediately rebuilt again on OE 11.7.6 after that SP is released (hopefully not in the next 1-2 months.)

Any updated news or tentative information would be appreciated.

Posted by dbeavon on 21-Nov-2019 15:16

I googled this just now and one of the KB's has been updated recently to show a new/tentative ETA.  So I suppose this is the latest information about the release date of 11.7.6.   Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

https://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/webclient-application-fails-to-run-when-it-detects-a-progress-ini-in-c-windows-created-by-a-non-progress-application

As of 10/18/2019, release 11.7.6 is scheduled to be released in Q2, 2020,

although dates and content of the release are subject to change.

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 21-Nov-2019 15:18

David,

That is the latest information.

Brian

This thread is closed