Progress Application Server for OpenEdge (11.7) is not found

Posted by kuhles on 01-Oct-2019 11:59

I am trying to add a server which is defined in an explorer connection in a virtual machine.

When adding a server for the explorer connection there are no entries listed under Progress Application Servers for OpenEdge

i get this error:

The selected OpenEdge Explorer connection must be configured with at least one local Progress Application Server for OpenEdge (11.7).

Ii this because of the virtual machine, because i have a Progress Application Server for OpenEdge (11.7) but it doesn't find it.

All Replies

Posted by pwokke on 01-Oct-2019 12:07

Open the configuration of the openedge explorer and check the password credentials. Thy to connect to it.

Peter

Posted by kuhles on 01-Oct-2019 12:13

i get this

PAS test connection failed - Server did not return a content type with its response for localhost:8811/.../application.

now i'm confused

Posted by Jawahar Surapaneni on 01-Oct-2019 12:21

Hi,

Can you please check if the admin server  is up and running?

Looks like, admin server is down.

Regards,

Jawahar.

Posted by Jawahar Surapaneni on 01-Oct-2019 12:21

Hi,

Can you please check if the admin server  is up and running?

Looks like, admin server is down.

Regards,

Jawahar.

Posted by kuhles on 01-Oct-2019 12:32

The Admin Server is alive.

Posted by marian.edu on 01-Oct-2019 13:04

Although by the name of it the server should be in 'development' mode it might just be the case it was setup as 'production' in which case it won't show up in the servers list.

Posted by pwokke on 01-Oct-2019 13:07

Can you open the OE explorer on that Admin Server?

Possibly on localhost port 9090

It could be fathom is not started properly

Chech the admserv log

Posted by kuhles on 01-Oct-2019 13:13

i selected development mode when creating it

Posted by kuhles on 02-Oct-2019 10:03

I can open the explorer on that admin  server, i can even start the new Progress Application Server but i see that it has a Version = UNKNOWN in the  ABL APPLICATIONS. I have had something similar to that in 11.6 when my (tomcat which was installed separately was not running) however this time i am trying to use the tomcat that comes with thr 11.7 Bundle setup, and i have run ./startup without a problem. 

Before(11.6) i used to see v11.6.0 ( 2015-10-16 ) on the "Version" tab after creating the Progress Application Server but this 11.7 is giving me UNKNOWN.

This thread is closed