-nb exceeded. Autamatically increasing from NNNN

Posted by Diego Lopes on 13-Aug-2019 13:42

Good morning guys.

I'm working in a system usind 4gl screens and in a specific screen, after some successfull executions, the screen aparently is in like a loop, e is showing this warning:

---------------------------
Warning
WARNING: -nb exceeded. Automatically increasing from 1000 to 1100. (5407)
OK

Does any one knows why it can has started to happens after some executions and tell me some steps that I could follow to track the error? 

An additional info: I have no access to application logs.

thanks in advance

Posted by Laura Stern on 13-Aug-2019 13:50

-nb is the maximum number of nested procedure blocks.  Yes, apparently, you are in some kind of recursion loop.  Turn on debug-alert (either -debugalert or SESSION:DEBUG-ALERT = yes) and the next time you get this message, hit the Help button to see where you are in the ABL calls stack.

All Replies

-nb is the maximum number of nested procedure blocks.  Yes, apparently, you are in some kind of recursion loop.  Turn on debug-alert (either -debugalert or SESSION:DEBUG-ALERT = yes) and the next time you get this message, hit the Help button to see where you are in the ABL calls stack.

Posted by Fernando Souza on 13-Aug-2019 13:50

You can start the client with -debugalert, and when the warning is shown, you will get a Help button on that alert-box, and you can hit it and see the ABL call stack at the moment the warning was raised.

Posted by Diego Lopes on 14-Aug-2019 17:37

Thanks all for the answers.

This thread is closed