11.7.5 broke development rest service

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 26-Jun-2019 01:02

Greetings.

I installed 11.7.5 on top of my good'ol 11.7.3, and today I was about to enhance an instance's program, but I just realized that I got an error on the console where the tomcat is running, and a 500 error on the request :

What I recall is I messed a lot with my java installation, as was trying to install PCT and sonarqube....

So don't know what was the problem.....

One thing I noticed is that i had to do again the following, using an editor, not trough oeprop;

AppServer.SessMgr.appsch.agentStartupParam="-T f:/t -db TAP -H s3 -S 2758 -U schAS1 -P schAppS1 -db SCH -H s3 -S 2760 -DB DWH -H s3 -S 2762 -U schAS1 -P schAppS1

as I checked it because the request throw the error about object termination (can't imagine english message) as when I was just furst configuring the service..  The  AppServer.SessMgr.appsch key had the default value for agentStartupParam, as when the instance is just created...  (= "-T g:\appsch\t" or some other dir, but that's it no db connection parameters.)

After this change, and start instance, I got the second screen... (localhost refused to connect)

TIA 

Jorge

Posted by Peter Judge on 27-Jun-2019 18:01

You should run the tcman register (docs.progress.com/.../Register-an-instance-for-tracking-register.html) command when you install a new version, or when you move or clone instances between machines.

All Replies

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 26-Jun-2019 01:05

More clues:

If i try oeprop, I got this:

G:\inst\appsch>bin\oeprop

Error: Unable to access jarfile G:\Progress\OpenEdge\servers\pasoe\bin\oeprop.11.7.3.jar

in its place there is oeprop.11.7.5.jar....

So I conclude that also need to upgrade PASOE for developement...

mmmhh. . interesting....

Is there an upgrade path or document that I can see to upgrade my instance... I remember reading about the justification of the HOME and BASE concepts on the tomcat install, but haven't seen an upgrade explanation...

TIA

Jorge

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 26-Jun-2019 13:36

I found this

docs.progress.com/.../Updating-an-existing-installation.html

but it states that should be fixed by hand... or otherwise make a script to add/replace...

Making a filesearch on instance's directory, found 104 files that has 11.7.3 in its file name....

Should I replace one by one on CATALINA_BASE with the corresponding CATALINA_HOME *.11.7.5.*  file??

but yet.. there is the issue with the oepropcmd.bat  symlink...

I know I'm totally wrong in the approach to this "simple" update path....

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Jorge

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 27-Jun-2019 15:41

There is no downloadable DevAS for OE on 11.7.5, and running the setup again, and feeding license file, there is no AS for OE in dev mode, there is only ProdAS for OE.

So i don't know how to upgrade my development instance...

when running PDSOE i got 

and on the instance running (appsch)

So I'm stopped from working on the instances....    (I'll  try to log a case)......

Posted by Peter Judge on 27-Jun-2019 18:01

You should run the tcman register (docs.progress.com/.../Register-an-instance-for-tracking-register.html) command when you install a new version, or when you move or clone instances between machines.

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 27-Jun-2019 20:35

Thanks [mention:9e4ee96fac634b8f91b580e1fb4f7e71:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05] ... Indeed it's documented right there... but my instance is not yet working due to same errors... I'll delete instance and re-do...

Thanks!!

This thread is closed