PDSOE DB Details pane won't show some tables.

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 24-May-2019 19:22

PDSOE 11.7.3

PDSOE is missing something in configuration, or else,,, , I  have a database connected by "Database Connections" in pdsoe, but there are come tables that show no details, as picking some tables on the "DB Structure" pane, won't show nothihg about table in "DB Details" pane.

On status bar of "DB Details" pane, it shows "Error retrieving _File info: [DataDirect][OpendEdge JDBC Driver] Object has been closed"

It I test on On Project>Preferences>database Connections>(database) Edit...>Define a SQL connection> Edit Connection Profile>Test connection.. It confirms: Connection Succeeded....

So I'm Lost...

TIA.

Jorge

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 26-Jun-2019 19:56

Sorry....

Didn't understood...

I'm not accessing the file definitions by hand...   I consult them on the "DB Structure" pane on pdsoe editor... there are several tables...

any way.... looking for the user tables definition inside the SYSTEM TABLE node (of course I wouldn't find them inside that definition) , It came to me, the security data of tables, so went to modify one table, changed permissions from

*    to    !,* 

and applied....   restarted pdsoe and vôila, al tables that once had problem, now are shown correctly....

Thanks!!!

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 26-Jun-2019 20:05

I changed permissions on a table, from

*   to   !,*   and applied.

Reloaded schema and restarted pdsoe.... and from all tables, the several ones that I wasn't able to load definition, now work ok...

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 26-Jun-2019 20:09

I changed permissions on one table that I wasn't able to read,

from   *   to    !,*

now, all tables that I wasn't able to read structure, area able to be interpreted from pdsoe...

Thanks!!!

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 26-Jun-2019 20:10

from   *   to    !,*

now, all tables that I wasn't able to read structure, area able to be interpreted from pdsoe...

Thanks!!!

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 26-Jun-2019 20:11

from   *   to    !,*

Thanks!!!

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 26-Jun-2019 20:12

from   *   to    !,*

Thanks!!!

All Replies

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 26-Jun-2019 16:36

I moved to 11.7.5, and still not able to see feilds definition, due to :

Error retrieving _File info : [DataDirect][OpenEdge JDBC Driver]Object has been closed.

Posted by gus bjorklund on 26-Jun-2019 17:34

try reading from SYSTABLES instead of _File

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 26-Jun-2019 19:56

Sorry....

Didn't understood...

I'm not accessing the file definitions by hand...   I consult them on the "DB Structure" pane on pdsoe editor... there are several tables...

any way.... looking for the user tables definition inside the SYSTEM TABLE node (of course I wouldn't find them inside that definition) , It came to me, the security data of tables, so went to modify one table, changed permissions from

*    to    !,* 

and applied....   restarted pdsoe and vôila, al tables that once had problem, now are shown correctly....

Thanks!!!

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 26-Jun-2019 20:05

I changed permissions on a table, from

*   to   !,*   and applied.

Reloaded schema and restarted pdsoe.... and from all tables, the several ones that I wasn't able to load definition, now work ok...

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 26-Jun-2019 20:09

from   *   to    !,*

Thanks!!!

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 26-Jun-2019 20:10

from   *   to    !,*

Thanks!!!

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 26-Jun-2019 20:11

from   *   to    !,*

Thanks!!!

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 26-Jun-2019 20:12

from   *   to    !,*

Thanks!!!

This thread is closed