Stream variable identifiers

Posted by dbeavon on 25-Apr-2019 21:23

Is there any chance that OE 12 increased or decreased the number of characters allowed in stream identifiers.  I think the limit should be 5.  Nobody should have to read ABL identifiers that are longer than 5 characters. ;)

More info :

https://community.progress.com/community_groups/openedge_development/f/19/t/24612

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 26-Apr-2019 02:52

Looks like the limit has not changed. So no chance for clean-code here.

If someone however insists on shorter, more crippled identifiers for streams, they should get the OpenEdge rules for SonarSource licensed and get Riverside to implement a short identifiers rule. Autsch.

Von: dbeavon <bounce-dbeavon@community.progress.com>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 25.
April 2019 23:24
An: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Betreff: [Technical Users - OE Development] Stream variable identifiers

/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/19/34237.image001.png
Update from Progress Community
https://community.progress.com/utility/anonymous.gif

Is there any chance that OE 12 increased or decreased the number of characters allowed in stream identifiers.  I think the limit should be 5.  Nobody should have to read ABL identifiers that are longer than 5 characters. ;)

More info :

https://community.progress.com/community_groups/openedge_development/f/19/t/24612

View online

You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum.  To stop receiving updates from only this thread, go here.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

https://community.progress.com/notification/read?NotificationId=a582d3c3-1014-403e-8a65-f8e303a99e5e

This thread is closed