Compiling class

Posted by bart.syryn on 04-Apr-2019 08:07

Hi, I have a different result when compiling a class from the AppBuilder or PDSOE and compile-statement in a procedure editor. Compiling from the appbuilder the class .R file works. Compiling the same class from a procedure editor: COMPILE VALUE(L-file) SAVE INTO VALUE(L_prgmap) MIN-SIZE = TRUE. gives me error 13019 when running the class. I must mention that I renamed the class. With other classes, there's no problem. Regards Bart

Posted by frank.meulblok on 04-Apr-2019 09:38

I'd check:

- If you have multiple .r files with the same name in your propath directory structure. (Can cause wrong .r to be picked up if it's earlier in the propath)

- If you have a .p/.w procedure file and a .cls file with the same name in the same directory. (Procedure and class will share the .r filename when compiled, so it's guaranteed that one of them will fail)

All Replies

Posted by frank.meulblok on 04-Apr-2019 09:38

I'd check:

- If you have multiple .r files with the same name in your propath directory structure. (Can cause wrong .r to be picked up if it's earlier in the propath)

- If you have a .p/.w procedure file and a .cls file with the same name in the same directory. (Procedure and class will share the .r filename when compiled, so it's guaranteed that one of them will fail)

Posted by bart.syryn on 04-Apr-2019 11:11

Yes, how stupid of me.

I didn't saw the .W in the PSDOE, but the old .w file was there in the directory.

Many thanks for pointing me to the correct direction.

Regards

Bart

This thread is closed