Is there a way to move pdsoe and configs from one disk to an

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 28-Mar-2019 15:19

Hi!!

I've just purchased a SSD, and want to get all juice from it.

I would like to move PDSOE (11.7.4) to that disk, but just thinking about to reconfigure all the projects (3),  I get annoyed and pospone the task...

I there a way I can backup all the project, database connections and stuff, and restore in another disk?

Posted by Peter Judge on 28-Mar-2019 15:28

In general terms, don’t have the projects physically under the workspace – that way you can move the projects from version to version. Make sure you don’t have the “Use default location” toggle checked. Once they’re separate, you can import them into another workspace (or more than one) using File > Import > Existing Projects Into Workspace.

At the workspace level, you will also need to export at least the db connections – Window > Preferences > Progress OpenEdge > Database Connections has Import and Export options.

Launch configs (Run > Run Configurations) have a an option in the Common tab to save to a Shared file. Set the value in here to \<project-name> and they will be added to the project; now all workspaces that include the project can use those launch configs.

Other things like fonts and workspace layouts and run settings (I like to have the previous run config run when I press CTRL-F11) I do manually.

HTH.

Alternatively, you could zip up the workspace directory and move it to the new disk and see how that works.

All Replies

Posted by Peter Judge on 28-Mar-2019 15:28

In general terms, don’t have the projects physically under the workspace – that way you can move the projects from version to version. Make sure you don’t have the “Use default location” toggle checked. Once they’re separate, you can import them into another workspace (or more than one) using File > Import > Existing Projects Into Workspace.

At the workspace level, you will also need to export at least the db connections – Window > Preferences > Progress OpenEdge > Database Connections has Import and Export options.

Launch configs (Run > Run Configurations) have a an option in the Common tab to save to a Shared file. Set the value in here to \<project-name> and they will be added to the project; now all workspaces that include the project can use those launch configs.

Other things like fonts and workspace layouts and run settings (I like to have the previous run config run when I press CTRL-F11) I do manually.

HTH.

Alternatively, you could zip up the workspace directory and move it to the new disk and see how that works.

This thread is closed