audit trail in pasoe results in blank user-id

Posted by pieter.brouwer on 21-Mar-2019 15:31

Hi,

I have a pasoe-instance running that uses oerealm with our own implementation to authenticate. When I inspect the resulting client-principal I see it has a user-id. But when I want to log entries in the audit-trail when creating, updating or deleting a record in a certain table, the user-id-field is empty.

Not using the _user-table. Having a specific Domain defined of type _oslocale.

When audit-trailing form a good old windows-client things work as expected, although in the past I have had the same problem because I wasn't using the domain properly.

What am I missing to make this work as I expect it to? Do I have to explicitly tell pasoe (or Spring) which domain to use? If so, where do I do that? Is it possible to have a default Domain that will be used for every incoming user, no matter how his id is fomed?

OE 11.7.2

T.i.a.

Pieter Brouwer

Posted by bronco on 21-Mar-2019 19:17

Did you do a set-db-client(hCp)? Having a CP alone is not enough.

All Replies

Posted by bronco on 21-Mar-2019 19:17

Did you do a set-db-client(hCp)? Having a CP alone is not enough.

Posted by pieter.brouwer on 26-Mar-2019 15:29

Hi Bronco,

At first I didn't. When I did I got an error stating that my CP-object was corrupt. My guess is that this is caused by using a user-id that contains an @. This caused the qualified-user-id to have two @'s and I guess that Progress doesn't like that.

I changed some things to create a new Client-principal that has a proper qualified-user-id, sealed it and did set-db-client.This works so I'm pleased for now.

Thanks for pointing me towards set-db-client.

Kind regards,

Pieter

This thread is closed