Mapped drives are not showing during installation of 11.7.4

Posted by jquerijero on 18-Mar-2019 18:46

I'm trying to figure out why mapped drives don't seem to show up in file browser accessed during the installation of 11.7.4. I can see the mapped drives using the the OS File Explorer, but any File and Folder browser invoked by the installation script do not.

Any ideas?  

Posted by frank.meulblok on 19-Mar-2019 12:57

Are the mappings actually connected ? I've seen different odd behaviors when that's not the case.

Otherwise, it may be the Windows UAC settings interfering, similar to what's descibed here: support.microsoft.com/.../mapped-drives-are-not-available-from-an-elevated-prompt-when-uac-is-co

(In short: if you start a process with "Run as Administrator", that process may not get the drive mappings at all)

All Replies

Posted by frank.meulblok on 19-Mar-2019 12:57

Are the mappings actually connected ? I've seen different odd behaviors when that's not the case.

Otherwise, it may be the Windows UAC settings interfering, similar to what's descibed here: support.microsoft.com/.../mapped-drives-are-not-available-from-an-elevated-prompt-when-uac-is-co

(In short: if you start a process with "Run as Administrator", that process may not get the drive mappings at all)

Posted by jquerijero on 19-Mar-2019 15:01

I'll check.

Posted by gus bjorklund on 19-Mar-2019 15:08

not the best idea to install openedge on a mapped drive. if you do, all oe processes will by loaded across your network. if many people start a session at the same time (such as in the morning when they start work) the network and the mapped drive will be overloaded and slow.

Posted by Ken McIntosh on 19-Mar-2019 16:09

Gus is right.  Add to that, the slightest network instability can cause ugly crashes that are extremely difficult to troubleshoot.

This thread is closed