PAS Sample Project Using Web Handlers

Posted by v205 on 13-Dec-2018 16:08

Good morning, All: 

I am interested in setting up an internal demo for the company I am working for that showcases how PAS REST APIs can be accessed with the Web Handler approach (not the Annotation approach), but I am struggling to find information on how to set such a project up. 

Can someone please point me to a sample project? Maybe a Git repository? 

Thank you,

h

Posted by Peter Judge on 13-Dec-2018 22:10

I couldn't find one easily in the doc set; I have presented on Web handlers in the past - this deck will hopefully explain the pugchallenge.org/.../284_web_handlers_deep_dive.pdf  setup of webhandlers and how they fit into a PASOE server.

All Replies

Posted by Peter Judge on 13-Dec-2018 16:28

If you add  new “ABL Service” and select WEB as the transport, you are in business. Make sure *not* to select the “Create a Data Object Service” option.

Posted by v205 on 13-Dec-2018 20:55

@Peter Thanks for that pointer, but I am looking for some details on how the complete setup would operate. The URL mapping in 'openedge.properties' file; the RegEx pattern matching rules. Is this information readily available somewhere in the KB?

EDIT: I actually found this PUG presentation by Peter (Judge) that seems to have a lot more information. I will be leaning on this to move forward. 

Thanks again, Peter! 

Posted by Peter Judge on 13-Dec-2018 22:10

I couldn't find one easily in the doc set; I have presented on Web handlers in the past - this deck will hopefully explain the pugchallenge.org/.../284_web_handlers_deep_dive.pdf  setup of webhandlers and how they fit into a PASOE server.

This thread is closed