Weird community website behavior

Posted by jquerijero on 07-Dec-2018 23:54

When I search for "font is not set" using the Search the Community textbox, the resulting page looks funny. I'm using Chrome. I'm not sure if it's just me.

All Replies

Posted by goo on 08-Dec-2018 06:56

Strange, same here. And only with that combination...

Posted by Mike Fechner on 08-Dec-2018 07:10

As the post is about fonts etc… I assume this means some CSS from the post contents is injected into the results page.

That should not happen 😊 IMHO a bug in the forum software that should get fixed.

Posted by Patrick Tingen on 08-Dec-2018 15:35

Wow, and just look at the cursor. This looks like an easter egg in the forum software

Posted by frank.meulblok on 10-Dec-2018 08:49

[quote user="Mike Fechner"]

That should not happen 😊 IMHO a bug in the forum software that should get fixed.
[/quote]
What also should not happen is that "Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes" is shown as a HTML encoded unicode codepoint instead of the actual glyph.

Posted by jquerijero on 10-Dec-2018 23:14

[quote user="Patrick Tingen"]

Wow, and just look at the cursor. This looks like an easter egg in the forum software

[/quote]

There is another string combination that I encountered last month. I think it is the GitHub tab that is causing the issue. This is a security flaw that needs fixing. It can possibly open the forum to client-side scripting attack.

Posted by Patrick Tingen on 11-Dec-2018 20:01

Well, and while they're at it, why not fix the forum's appearance on a smartphone?

At least, on my phone the text is too small to read, but it could well be my windows phone being outdated :)

Posted by Ruben Dröge on 11-Dec-2018 21:14

At least it’s responsive now, used to be impossible to do anything with community on a smartphone.

Obviously, there’s always room for improvement :)

This thread is closed