Phantom forum posts (blank/empty pages when clicking on link

Posted by dbeavon on 19-Oct-2018 10:36

Anyone else experiencing issues with the forum where you get an email or see a link, and click it, and the posting is blank?  It seems that the forum is aware that the posting exists (there isn't a page not found error or anything).  But it isn't able to actually display it. 

Here is an example of mine:

https://community.progress.com/community_groups/openedge_development/f/19/t/55844

I'm wondering if this is due to moderation, or is just a bug?  Has anybody else experienced this?

Posted by Jean-Christophe Cardot on 19-Oct-2018 11:14

I have this problem on my phone, where any forum post appears blank in the default browser. However the desktop web navigators display the posts correctly.

All Replies

Posted by Jean-Christophe Cardot on 19-Oct-2018 11:14

I have this problem on my phone, where any forum post appears blank in the default browser. However the desktop web navigators display the posts correctly.

Posted by dbeavon on 19-Oct-2018 14:02

That post eventually appeared.  I'm betting its some kind of moderation feature.

Posted by Patrick Tingen on 19-Oct-2018 14:10

I sure have my doubts regarding this forum software. I often have difficulties editing my own posts. Sometimes I post something, spot a typo and try to fix it. If I edit my post and resubmit, it gets marked for spam or something, I don't know.

Secondly, viewing it on my phone is a useless action; it does not scale and if I zoom in, the left part drops off the window.

This thread is closed