unable to find ant-libs directory

Posted by naujavaldzia on 17-Oct-2018 03:02

I`m developing Progress Application inside Docker container.

I need to export Web Application to a .WAR file. Following this documentation: https://documentation.progress.com/output/ua/OpenEdge_latest/index.html#page/pdsoe/packaging-an-abl-web-app-project.html, I`ve managed to export Web App on my host machine using cmd. To my knowledge, since 11.7 Progress has built-in Ant. Inside Docker container I`m using PROGRESS_OE_11.7.3_LNX_64_UPDATE.tar. But host machine and Docker container (progress/OpenEdge/java) folder content differs. Due lack of ant-libs directoryI`m not able to run ant built inside container to generate .WAR file from there.

So the question is: why LNX version of Progress does not have ant-libs directory in java folder even though it is 11.7 version? 

Below you can see java folder contents inside container (left) and in my host machine (right)

All Replies

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 17-Oct-2018 06:14

Go to $DLC and you should find them under the ant directory.

Brian Maher
Principal Engineer, Technical Support
Progress
Progress
14 Oak Park | Bedford, MA 01730 | USA
phone
+1 781 280 3075

Twitter
Facebook
LinkedIn
Google+

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 17-Oct-2018 06:28

Hello Paulius Pacevicius,

Are you saying 11.7 version of linux install has ant-libs folder under $DLC\java, whereas 11.7.3 don’t have this folder? If yes, this might be a bug.
I think just copying the “ant-libs” folder from windows to linux should solve the problem you are facing. Please give a try and let us know.

Hope this helps,
Sanjeev

Posted by naujavaldzia on 18-Oct-2018 01:01

No, I`m not saying that 11.7 has. I haven`t tested tho.

I`m saying that I was not able to find "ant-libs" folder under $DLC/java directory inside Docker container, which is using 11.7.3 Linux version.

This thread is closed