Creating an ABL Web Application WAR file from the command li

Posted by brianlafertewk on 28-Jun-2018 07:41

Are there any tools available to generate a WAR file for an ABL WebApp from the command line (automating the PDS Export/ABL Web Application)?   

I have this dream of being able to have a build machine create a WAR file from a .Git repository and deploy the WAR file to an integration environment auto-magically.  

I found a KBase entry relating to generating a WAR file for a REST service (https://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/How-to-get-the-war-file-without-PDSOE), but the 'jar' utility does not appear to do what the Export/ABL Web Application does.

This would be for 11.7.2+.

Thanks,

Brian

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 28-Jun-2018 08:00

Hi Brain,

PDS OE provides ant tasks to export the ABL Web App as WAR file and also .zip files. Here is link to documentation, explaining how to achieve that: documentation.progress.com/.../index.html
You can refer to the attached the sample build.xml file for reference.
[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/19/8130.build.xml:320:240]

Hope this helps,
Sanjeev

All Replies

Posted by Matt Baker on 28-Jun-2018 07:48

ANT.  There is a copy of it shipped with openedge.  The executable has been renamed to "proant" in the $DLC/bin directory.  The trick isn't knowing how to do it, since building a war file with ant is trivial, the trick is actually in knowing what needs to go into it and where each file needs to reside.

I don't think anyone has written a public document on the content layout yet.

Posted by AdrianJones on 28-Jun-2018 07:54

does this do what you are looking for...??

riverside-software.fr/pdo.html

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 28-Jun-2018 08:00

Hi Brain,

PDS OE provides ant tasks to export the ABL Web App as WAR file and also .zip files. Here is link to documentation, explaining how to achieve that: documentation.progress.com/.../index.html
You can refer to the attached the sample build.xml file for reference.
[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/19/8130.build.xml:320:240]

Hope this helps,
Sanjeev

Posted by brianlafertewk on 28-Jun-2018 08:10

Sanjeev,

That's exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks for the link and the sample.

Have a great day,

Brian

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 28-Jun-2018 08:18

Hi Brian,

Glad it’ll be of some help to you. Let me know if you need any further information regarding exporting ABL Web App via ANT.

Thanks,
Sanjeev

This thread is closed