peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given ca certi

Posted by adhyani on 23-Mar-2018 22:30

Hi All,

We are doing reCaptcha upgradation to version v2 in our webspeed application as Google is going to stop reCaptcha version v1 services. We are using libcurl external library for reCaptcha verification using culr POST option and getting  "peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given ca certificates" error in our server logs during CURL certification authentication for secure communication. Our application code is deployed in AIX server. I don't have much idea on certification side so can anyone help me to identify what i can do to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Ajay Dhyani,  

All Replies

Posted by Michael Jacobs on 24-Mar-2018 04:43

TLS clients have to validate the server's digital certificate using CA ROOT certificates downloaded to, and located on, the client's system.

You have to pass the path to the server's [PEM encoded] CA ROOT certificate file, or the directory path that holds the server's [PEM encoded] CA ROOT certificate file.

You can pass to libcurl the DLC/certs path you use with ABL client's TLS connections.   Then use DLC/bin/certutil to add the needed CA ROOT certificates.

Hope that helped,

Mike Jacobs

Posted by adhyani on 25-Mar-2018 23:56

Hi Michael,

we are already passing the CACertsDirectory path "$DLC/certs" to libcurl as mentioned below. I haven't changed anything in this class as we are already using it for our existing reCaptcha v1. In reCaptcha version 2 we had a change just in api's to display recaptcha and to verify the reCaptcha. During verification of reCaptcha there is just change in the RequestURL and the URL parameters. I just changed tat URL and request URL parameters and keep the libcurl call POST method same which was earlier. Now, I am just trying to understand what I need to change to resolve "peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given ca certificates" error. Is there could be any issue with the certificates in $DLC/certs path and we need to use upgrade them or reinstall them. Please advise.  

lc-curl:easy_setopt(CurlOption:CAPATH, CACertsDirectory).

i-error = lc-curl:easy_perform().

Thanks & Regards,

Ajay Dhyani,

Posted by Michael Jacobs on 27-Mar-2018 05:34

The next thing to investigate is to see if you have the correct certificates in $DLC/certs.    Sometimes services will change their server’s certificate(s) without notice, and OE does not ship every possible one.   

There are a number of ways to debug the certificate chains needed for a client to validate a server using the DLC/cert files – browsers, an ABL socket client using SSL debug mode, or DLC/bin/sslc s_client.   Depends on what you are most comfortable with. 

If you need more detailed assistance: OE technical support has made some good articles you can look for.

Mike J.

This thread is closed