Auto complete of database tables and fields not working

Posted by Simon L. Prinsloo on 02-Feb-2018 05:57

Hi

Does anybody know why PDSOE's auto complete of database table names and field names would work only sporadically? Is there a way to force PDSOE to refresh the schema information when the database changes?

OpenEdge 11.7.2 64-bit on Windows 10

Regards

Simon

All Replies

Posted by Valeriy Bashkatov on 02-Feb-2018 06:51

Hi

As far as I know, the database schema can be updated in the connection either by re-opening all projects or by restarting the entire PDSOE. Otherwise, if a field is added to the table, it will not be displayed in the auto-completion, even if you see this field after Refresh schema in the DB Structure tab.

In any case, I did not find any settings to reconnect the database in another way.

Regards,

Valeriy

Posted by Toni Perätalo on 02-Feb-2018 08:15

Hi,

In some cases "Refresh Cache" action in OpenEdge menu (or ctrl + R) has helped me to get correct list for auto complete.

Regards,

Toni

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 02-Feb-2018 08:36

Hi Simon,

As Toni suggested, newly added tables and fields are not shown automatically in content assist and some other places like (New Business Entity wizard). User have to manually refresh the cache from “OpenEdge > Refresh Cache (Ctrl+R)” menu options. Once cache is refreshed, PDS OE lists all the newly created fields and tables in all places.

Hope this helps,
Sanjeev

This thread is closed