source {adecomm/appserv.i} utilities

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 23-Jan-2018 18:46

Is there somewhere to find documentation, or at least, source code of the addecomm utilities?

Is the POSSE proyect dead?

the prolib extract command can't get the .r out of pl, in any case won't be useful...

Posted by Mike Fechner on 23-Jan-2018 22:42

POSSE as an open-source initiative is dead – pretty much since a decade.

But Progress is still releasing all ADE source code (not just ADECOMM) on Communities:

https://community.progress.com/community_groups/openedge_general/w/openedgegeneral/2934.ade-openedge-11-7-2-development-tools-source-code

Von: OctavioOlguin [mailto:bounce-OctavioOlguin@community.progress.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 24. Januar 2018 01:48
An: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Betreff: [Technical Users - OE Development] source {adecomm/appserv.i} utilities

Update from Progress Community

Is there somewhere to find documentation, or at least, source code of the addecomm utilities?

the prolib extract command can't get the .r out of pl, in any case won't be useful...

View online

You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum.  To stop receiving updates from only this thread, go here.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

All Replies

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 23-Jan-2018 18:56

You should have two files called adecomm.pl: one in $DLC/tty, which I guess you have already found, and one in $DLC/src.  The first one contains r-code and is always in your CHUI propath; the second contains source.

There is some more info in this KB article:

https://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/P11858/p

As for docs, I haven't found any.

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 23-Jan-2018 19:02

As I recall, the "extractpl" script was a bit buggy in some releases.  You might have to run it a few times and manually create some missing directories to get it to work.  It's been a while since I looked at it.

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 23-Jan-2018 20:35

Nop....

11.7.2   but no source....  I found adecomm.pl in c:\progress\openedge\tty and gui... but only with compiled object and not source...

Posted by Mike Fechner on 23-Jan-2018 22:42

POSSE as an open-source initiative is dead – pretty much since a decade.
But Progress is still releasing all ADE source code (not just ADECOMM) on Communities:

Von: OctavioOlguin [mailto:bounce-OctavioOlguin@community.progress.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 24. Januar 2018 01:48
An: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com
Betreff: [Technical Users - OE Development] source {adecomm/appserv.i} utilities

Update from Progress Community

View online

You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum.  To stop receiving updates from only this thread, go here.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

This thread is closed