PAS - openedge properties file organization question

Posted by dbeavon on 15-Dec-2017 11:14

Are there plans to combine the two sections of properties in conf \ openedge.properties ([AppServer.SessMgr.xyz] and [AppServer.Agent.xyz])?  It seems unfortunate to have the stuff in two different places.  I suspect it is related to the fact that java must be aware of some properties; but other properties don't need to be retrieved until the MS-agent starts.  IMHO that isn't a reason to manage properties in different areas of the file.  Those are internals that a PAS developer shouldn't necessarily care about.

The reason I ask is because the positions of those sections often get randomly shuffled around within the properties file and can end up very far apart from one another (for whatever reason).  It is pretty annoying to have to go looking for the related values in totally different places.

Below is a screenshot from the OEE U/I which organizes these things together, as you might expect.  Note that the "agent startup parameter" is right next to "propath", even though these things are saved to totally separate parts of the configuration file.

Just a suggestion.  If OEE manages these things in a single spot, it seems like they could share the same section in a properties file.

As a side, there is a type in the word "Environment" above.

Thanks, David

Posted by Matt Baker on 15-Dec-2017 12:13

thanks. I'll get the typo fixed :)

I'll log a change request to have the sections sorted by name.

All Replies

Posted by Matt Baker on 15-Dec-2017 12:13

thanks. I'll get the typo fixed :)

I'll log a change request to have the sections sorted by name.

This thread is closed