Deploy incremental ABL Web Application

Posted by Derek Lord on 12-Dec-2017 16:23

When I export an incremental ABL Web Application the resulting file is name  <filename>.war.zip.
Can you use pasman to deploy the incremental to update an existing deployed web app?

I get the following error and no new files are deployed using pasman deploy on the incremental file:
Instance target directory already exists

Is there some documentation on deploying the incremental war file?

Thanks,

Derek

OE 11.7.1

All Replies

Posted by Irfan on 12-Dec-2017 18:00

Darek,

For incremental deployment where you have a zip archive as input, you can use 'deploysvc.sh|bat'.

Example:- deploysvc.sh -a ROOT MyService.zip

Posted by Derek Lord on 15-Dec-2017 10:38

Hi Irfan,

This does not seem to work for me.  I stopped the PASOE instance and ran the following and get the resulting error:

proenv>LT1800Test\bin\deploysvc -a LumberTrack LumberTrack_1801_incr.war.zip

deploysvc

deploysvc: c:\LumberTrackAPI\LT1800Test\conf\openedge.tmp

execution failed

Posted by Irfan on 18-Dec-2017 12:53

Worked fine to me if I did this

Posted by Derek Lord on 18-Dec-2017 15:52

Hi Irfan,

After running the batch file to deploy I end up with deploysvcCmd.bat and oepropCmd.bat in the instance bin folder both zero bytes.  They were both exact copies of deploysvc.bat and oeprop.bat after the initial war file was deployed.
It seems that deploysvc destroys them

The incremental zip file is in c:\lttrn\api.  The instance is in c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test.
Executing the command from c:\lttrn
proenv>LT1800Test\bin\deploysvc.bat -v -g LumberTrack_1801_incr.zip -a LumberTrack

I deployed the service with -v -g  and get the following (end of the log for brevity)

trace:   adding unique entry for /v1/WorkOrders at 8
verbose:    found WorkOrdersHandler:/v1/WorkOrders
trace: looking for handler9
trace: Copying c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.properties to c:\lttrn\api\
LT1800Test/conf/openedge.tmp
verbose: processing handlers for LumberTrack.Inventory service
verbose: handler class is InventoryHandler
verbose:    replacing mapping for /v1/Inventory
trace:    property - +LT1800Test.LumberTrack.WEB.handler1=InventoryHandler:/v1/I
nventory
trace: Moving (1) c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.tmp to c:\lttrn\api\LT18
00Test/conf/openedge.properties
verbose: processing handlers for LumberTrack.PurchaseOrders service
verbose: handler class is PurchaseOrdersHandler
verbose:    replacing mapping for /v1/PurchaseOrders
trace:    property - +LT1800Test.LumberTrack.WEB.handler2=PurchaseOrdersHandler:
/v1/PurchaseOrders
trace: Moving (1) c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.tmp to c:\lttrn\api\LT18
trace: Moving (2) c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.tmp to c:\lttrn\api\LT18
trace: Moving (3) c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.tmp to c:\lttrn\api\LT18
trace: Moving (4) c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.tmp to c:\lttrn\api\LT18
trace: Moving (5) c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.tmp to c:\lttrn\api\LT18
trace: Moving (6) c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.tmp to c:\lttrn\api\LT18
trace: Moving (7) c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.tmp to c:\lttrn\api\LT18
trace: Moving (8) c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.tmp to c:\lttrn\api\LT18
trace: Moving (9) c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.tmp to c:\lttrn\api\LT18
trace: Moving (10) c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.tmp to c:\lttrn\api\LT1
800Test/conf/openedge.properties
deploysvc: c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\conf\openedge.tmp
execution failed

Posted by Irfan on 18-Dec-2017 19:45

Hi Derek,

I earlier deployed REST Service, but now I also deployed a WebHandler to see if I get into any problem, but it seems to be working fine. Will try to figure out other possible ways to debug this problem.

proenv>deploysvc.bat -v -g %WRKDIR%/TestService.zip -a 117Proj

deploysvc

verbose: deploying service artifact C:\OpenEdge\WRK/TestService.zip

trace: file unzip : C:\OpenEdge\WRK\oepas1\webapps\117Proj\static\commonPageFooter.html

trace: file unzip : C:\OpenEdge\WRK\oepas1\webapps\117Proj\static\commonPageHeader.html

trace: file unzip : C:\OpenEdge\WRK\oepas1\webapps\117Proj\static\commonStyle.css

trace: file unzip : C:\OpenEdge\WRK\oepas1\webapps\117Proj\static\home.html

trace: file unzip : C:\OpenEdge\WRK\oepas1\webapps\117Proj\static\home.jsp

trace: file unzip : C:\OpenEdge\WRK\oepas1\webapps\117Proj\static\index.jsp

trace: file unzip : C:\OpenEdge\WRK\oepas1\webapps\117Proj\static\ServerStatus.html

trace: file unzip : C:\OpenEdge\WRK\oepas1\webapps\117Proj\static\serverstatus.js

verbose: found REST service TestService.paar

trace: file unzip : C:\OpenEdge\WRK\oepas1\webapps\117Proj\WEB-INF\adapters\rest\TestService\TestService.paar

trace: file unzip : C:\OpenEdge\WRK\oepas1\webapps\117Proj\WEB-INF\openedge\ReadMe.txt

trace: file unzip : C:\OpenEdge\WRK\oepas1\webapps\117Proj\WEB-INF\openedge\SampleProj.r

trace: file unzip : C:\OpenEdge\WRK\oepas1\webapps\117Proj\WEB-INF\tlr\Merge.template

trace: file unzip : C:\OpenEdge\WRK\oepas1\webapps\117Proj\WEB-INF\tlr\oeabl_tlr

verbose: found WEB service SampleProj.handlers

trace: file unzip : C:\OpenEdge\WRK\oepas1\webapps\117Proj\WEB-INF\tlr\SampleProj.handlers

trace: done

verbose: adding paar files to web.xml

verbose:    TestService.paar already added

verbose: reading handler list for web application 117Proj

trace: application - oepas1

trace: webApp - 117Proj

verbose: reading current handler mappings

trace: looking for handler1

trace: Copying C:\OpenEdge\WRK\oepas1/conf/openedge.properties to C:\OpenEdge\WRK\oepas1/conf/openedge.tmp

verbose: processing handlers for SampleProj service

verbose: handler class is SampleProj

verbose:    adding mapping for /testURI

trace:    property - +oepas1.117Proj.WEB.handler1=SampleProj:/testURI

trace: Moving (1) C:\OpenEdge\WRK\oepas1/conf/openedge.tmp to C:\OpenEdge\WRK\oepas1/conf/openedge.properties

execution complete

Posted by Irfan on 18-Dec-2017 19:56

From the code it looks like after deploying your service, it tried to move the openedge.prop to your <PASOE Instance>/conf/openedge.properties. It  does few attempts to move the openedge.prop file to <PASOE Instance>/conf/openedge.properties and if fails after all the attempts it throws error. By any chance, did you open the file <PASOE Instance>/conf/openedge.properties which might be stopping from replacing or deleting the file.

Can you please check that ?  

Posted by Derek Lord on 19-Dec-2017 11:09

Hi Irfan,

I used a new VM, Installed 11.7.1, installed our app, deployed the initial war and then the incremental.
The instance is not running and I am the only user on the VM, no files open for edit.
This is the full log from the incremental deployment.

proenv>cd
C:\lttrn\api

proenv>LT1800Test\bin\deploysvc -a LumberTrack -v -g LumberTrack_1801_incr.war.zip
deploysvc
verbose: deploying service artifact LumberTrack_1801_incr.war.zip
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\static\commonPageFooter.html
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\static\commonPageHeader.html
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\static\commonStyle.css
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\static\home.html
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\static\home.jsp
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\static\index.jsp
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\static\ServerStatus.html
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\static\serverstatus.js
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\openedge\FinancialAmounts.r
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\openedge\Inventory.r
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\openedge\InventoryHandler.r
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\openedge\LtGlobal.r
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\openedge\Notes.r
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\openedge\OpenEdge\Security\Realm\HybridRealm.r
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\openedge\OpenEdge\Security\Realm\OERealmDefs.r
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\openedge\OpenEdge\Security\Util\Properties.r
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\openedge\Printing.r
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\openedge\PurchaseOrders.r
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\openedge\PurchaseOrdersHandler.r
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\openedge\SalesOrders.r
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\openedge\SalesOrdersHandler.r
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\openedge\Setup.r
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\openedge\SetupHandler.r
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\openedge\Shipments.r
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\openedge\ShipmentsHandler.r
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\openedge\spaservice.properties
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\openedge\Tags.r
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\openedge\TransactionLog.r
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\openedge\UserLt.r
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\openedge\UserLtHandler.r
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\openedge\Vendors.r
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\openedge\VendorsHandler.r
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\openedge\WorkOrders.r
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\openedge\WorkOrdersHandler.r
verbose: found WEB service LumberTrack.Inventory.handlers
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\tlr\LumberTrack.Inventory.handlers
verbose: found WEB service LumberTrack.PurchaseOrders.handlers
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\tlr\LumberTrack.PurchaseOrders.handlers
verbose: found WEB service LumberTrack.SalesOrders.handlers
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\tlr\LumberTrack.SalesOrders.handlers
verbose: found WEB service LumberTrack.Setup.handlers
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\tlr\LumberTrack.Setup.handlers
verbose: found WEB service LumberTrack.Shipments.handlers
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\tlr\LumberTrack.Shipments.handlers
verbose: found WEB service LumberTrack.Users.handlers
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\tlr\LumberTrack.Users.handlers
verbose: found WEB service LumberTrack.Vendors.handlers
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\tlr\LumberTrack.Vendors.handlers
verbose: found WEB service LumberTrack.WorkOrders.handlers
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\tlr\LumberTrack.WorkOrders.handlers
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\tlr\Merge.template
trace: file unzip : c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\webapps\LumberTrack\WEB-INF\tlr\oeabl_tlr
trace: done
verbose: reading handler list for web application LumberTrack
trace: application - LT1800Test
trace: webApp - LumberTrack
verbose: reading current handler mappings
trace: looking for handler1
trace:   adding unique entry for /v1/Inventory at 1
verbose:    found InventoryHandler:/v1/Inventory
trace: looking for handler2
trace:   adding unique entry for /v1/PurchaseOrders at 2
verbose:    found PurchaseOrdersHandler:/v1/PurchaseOrders
trace: looking for handler3
trace:   adding unique entry for /v1/SalesOrders at 3
verbose:    found SalesOrdersHandler:/v1/SalesOrders
trace: looking for handler4
trace:   adding unique entry for /v1/Setup at 4
verbose:    found SetupHandler:/v1/Setup
trace: looking for handler5
trace:   adding unique entry for /v1/Shipments at 5
verbose:    found ShipmentsHandler:/v1/Shipments
trace: looking for handler6
trace:   adding unique entry for /v1/Users at 6
verbose:    found UserLtHandler:/v1/Users
trace: looking for handler7
trace:   adding unique entry for /v1/Vendors at 7
verbose:    found VendorsHandler:/v1/Vendors
trace: looking for handler8
trace:   adding unique entry for /v1/WorkOrders at 8
verbose:    found WorkOrdersHandler:/v1/WorkOrders
trace: looking for handler9
trace: Copying c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.properties to c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.tmp
verbose: processing handlers for LumberTrack.Inventory service
verbose: handler class is InventoryHandler
verbose:    replacing mapping for /v1/Inventory
trace:    property - +LT1800Test.LumberTrack.WEB.handler1=InventoryHandler:/v1/Inventory
trace: Moving (1) c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.tmp to c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.properties
verbose: processing handlers for LumberTrack.PurchaseOrders service
verbose: handler class is PurchaseOrdersHandler
verbose:    replacing mapping for /v1/PurchaseOrders
trace:    property - +LT1800Test.LumberTrack.WEB.handler2=PurchaseOrdersHandler:/v1/PurchaseOrders
trace: Moving (1) c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.tmp to c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.properties
trace: Moving (2) c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.tmp to c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.properties
trace: Moving (3) c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.tmp to c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.properties
trace: Moving (4) c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.tmp to c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.properties
trace: Moving (5) c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.tmp to c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.properties
trace: Moving (6) c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.tmp to c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.properties
trace: Moving (7) c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.tmp to c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.properties
trace: Moving (8) c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.tmp to c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.properties
trace: Moving (9) c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.tmp to c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.properties
trace: Moving (10) c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.tmp to c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.properties
deploysvc: c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test\conf\openedge.tmp
execution failed

proenv>

Posted by Irfan on 19-Dec-2017 13:08

Thanks for doing that Darek. Looks like the script did most of the part but it failed at the last part of moving the .tmp file to openedge.properties. I believe everything else would have worked fine. Can you please check if all your services and files are deployed correctly ?

Also, before doing that please can do 'move c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.tmp c:\lttrn\api\LT1800Test/conf/openedge.properties' and see if it works fine.

Posted by Derek Lord on 19-Dec-2017 16:21

There is no openedge.tmp file created. And like I said earlier, bin\deploysvcCmd.bat and bin\oepropCmd.bat end up being 0 bytes, which seems very strange to me.  They are both .symlink to their counterparts (without CMD).

Posted by Derek Lord on 19-Dec-2017 16:25

The new .r code and services are deployed as expected.

Posted by Irfan on 21-Dec-2017 14:29

Darek,

Can you please raise a case with Tech Support. We expect to have openedge.tmp file but from what you are saying it is not been created.

I would expect Tech Support to pick your incremental zip and try to understand why does it have any problems while performing deploysvc.

Posted by brianlafertewk on 29-May-2018 09:17

Was there ever a resolution to this issue?  

I am encountering the same issue with 11.7.2.014.

Posted by mircea.alexandru on 21-May-2019 07:45

Apparently not fixed; it's 2019 and I have the same issue since last year. Most curious, some of my colleagues do not have the issue, although working on the same project :}.

Even if I undeploy the *.war from PAS and then use PDSOE incremental deploy, same error. In situations like this, the only one that it's working is tcman deploy.

Nevertheless, this thread is about incremental deployments, not full/clean deployment.

This thread is closed