How do I pass the required parameters for this .NET class ob

Posted by CMI on 04-Dec-2017 18:48

I still new to this .NET stuff but how do I pass the required parameters for this .NET class object? How do I pass System.Object and System.IntPtr.

Could somebody give me an example, please??

I think it's asking for the handle of current procedure (THIS-PROCEDURE or THIS-OBJECT) and the handle of an Internal Procedure or Method.

DEFINE VARIABLE CertificateDelegate AS CLASS MMM.Readers.FullPage.CertificateDelegate.

CertificateDelegate = NEW MMM.Readers.FullPage.CertificateDelegate ( ??? ,  ???  ).

All Replies

Posted by Laura Stern on 04-Dec-2017 19:21

You can’t really use delegates from the ABL.  These are generally used for events.  Are you trying to subscribe to an event?  Seems like it.

If so, This would be a common way to do it where Obj is the object instance that owns/fires the event:

Obj:<eventName>:Subscribe(<methodName>).

You would use that from within a class where the method belongs to the class.  methodName is the name without quotes.  If the method is in a different class you’d need to pass the object instance as the 1st parameter.

If you’re in a procedure you would do:

Obj:<eventName>:Subscribe(“<procname>”).  Or

Obj:<eventName>:Subscribe(procHdl, “<procname>”).

Where procHdl could be THIS-PROCEDURE.  If you leave it out, it’s the default.  The name is in quotes in this case.

Posted by Laura Stern on 05-Dec-2017 06:20

You can’t really use delegates from the ABL.  These are generally used for events.  Are you trying to subscribe to an event?  Seems like it.

If so, This would be a common way to do it where Obj is the object instance that owns/fires the event:

Obj:<eventName>:Subscribe(<methodName>).

You would use that from within a class where the method belongs to the class.  methodName is the name without quotes.  If the method is in a different class you’d need to pass the object instance as the 1st parameter.

If you’re in a procedure you would do:

Obj:<eventName>:Subscribe(“<procname>”).  Or
Obj:<eventName>:Subscribe(procHdl, “<procname>”).

Where procHdl could be THIS-PROCEDURE.  If you leave it out, it’s the default.  The name is in quotes in this case.

Sent from my iPad

This thread is closed