OpenEdge r10.2B installation corrupted:

Posted by MBeynon on 12-Oct-2017 08:49

Hello,

For some reason I'm getting this error when patching my base OE102B install up to patch version 08.

---------------------------
Exiting Install
OpenEdge r10.2B installation corrupted:

"DLC" registry key not found.

Click OK to exit.
OK   

I've used the exact same install exe's in the past (when first installing on this machine) and on other machines, with no problems, as have other people in the company.

The knowledgebase seems to indicate this error could be because of either registry corruption (I tried the OE registry fix tool but this made no dfference) or because;

"... The wrong bit version has been downloaded so the failure is as a result of installing the 64-bit 10.2B Service Pack against the current 32-bit 10.2B installation. "

My machine is a 64 bit machine and I've had no problem in the past with the Progress .exe's that are now giving me problems.

I'm a bit confused and wonder if anyone has had this issue in the past?

Thanks,

Mark.

P.S. The reason I tried to re-install OE102B in the first place was that my install had no Infragistics components. I installed just these components by supplying the correct license key and this caused a problem whereby my Eclipse canvas would not work correctly!

All Replies

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 12-Oct-2017 09:06

Try using the $DLC/bin/ini2reg utility to load progress.ini into hkey_current_user.

I’ve seen this happen when the registry is a bit screwed up.

Posted by MBeynon on 13-Oct-2017 01:59

Thanks, I'll give that a try...

Posted by MBeynon on 13-Oct-2017 05:15

Finally fixed it. The 102B base node in the WOW64 registry was missing a couple of required attributes. Once I'd done this everything worked fine!

This thread is closed